• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M3 Impressions

How do you tell the M3s with the UV protection from those without? Are the M3s the only ones without the UV protection?

These M3s are way more stable than I thought they would be. Picked one up from Cale's new shop last week and it was pretty much as stable as my M1s. I talked with Cale about it yesterday when I was with him throwing and he had the same reaction. She's beating in a little bit and the more she does the more I like it.

These M3s are way more stable than I thought they would be. Picked one up from Cale's new shop last week and it was pretty much as stable as my M1s. I talked with Cale about it yesterday when I was with him throwing and he had the same reaction. She's beating in a little bit and the more she does the more I like it.

Mines pretty stable too. I've seen people say some may even be more stable the the M1s. I think some are flat and some are domey, mine is super flat and its pink, well white now.

Mines dark blue. I took it out. Was too much overlap between my iconthost and M1 with the m3. Will said that as they beat in theyre much nicer, i just dont have the patience for it at the moment.

Mines dark blue. I took it out. Was too much overlap between my iconthost and M1 with the m3. Will said that as they beat in theyre much nicer, i just dont have the patience for it at the moment.

I'm flirting with a metallic Ghost and dark blue M3 for the Wasp spot right now. I just don't want to throw my pearlies anymore. I'm getting turn out of the Ghost that I'm not seeing in the M3 which would usually find it a spot on the bench, but I'm really liking the Ghost right now. What made you stick with the Ghost?

I'm flirting with a metallic Ghost and dark blue M3 for the Wasp spot right now. I just don't want to throw my pearlies anymore. I'm getting turn out of the Ghost that I'm not seeing in the M3 which would usually find it a spot on the bench, but I'm really liking the Ghost right now. What made you stick with the Ghost?

I have some mettalics also, but right now im only throwing a stock icon, the mettalic and M1 get switched in and out, if heavy wind, M1. Normal wind, beefy ghost.

Really a couple factors, im a recovering roc addict, trying not to get sucked back into innovas lies and deception. Tried a ton of other mids. Went with a roc clone (ghost) after throwing wasps for a year almost. So, i like the ghost. The gap from primary workhorse ghost (icon) to my beefy mids (mettalic ghost or M1) was too close to squeeze the M3 in. It wasnt workable enough to replace ghosts, and it wasnt reliable enough in 20+ mph winds to replace the M1. Just had no home really.

Fwiw, the M3 is likely a good replacement for a new/beefy wasp, similar flights, m3 may have better glide

Last edited:
I recently switched out my Icon Ghost for an M3. Similar flightwise. The M3 is about as deep feeling as the Ghost, but flatter and without a bead. The main reason I changed is that the Ghost was just a little too stiff in the hand. It flew great, but I always felt like I couldn't quite grip it right. I liked the slightly more give the M3 gave me.

I have some mettalics also, but right now im only throwing a stock icon, the mettalic and M1 get switched in and out, if heavy wind, M1. Normal wind, beefy ghost.

Really a couple factors, im a recovering roc addict, trying not to get sucked back into innovas lies and deception. Tried a ton of other mids. Went with a roc clone (ghost) after throwing wasps for a year almost. So, i like the ghost. The gap from primary workhorse ghost (icon) to my beefy mids (mettalic ghost or M1) was too close to squeeze the M3 in. It wasnt workable enough to replace ghosts, and it wasnt reliable enough in 20+ mph winds to replace the M1. Just had no home really.

Fwiw, the M3 is likely a good replacement for a new/beefy wasp, similar flights, m3 may have better glide

Interesting. I'll agree about the added glide in the M3 over the Wasps. I've been carrying Wasps for several years now, and my first throw with the M3 screamed Wasp (so did the Vector though, and I wound up not liking it at all). It just flew a lot further than I would trust my Wasps.

I have a Gravity and Metallic Ghost, and I've quite enjoyed them both. The Gravity has some very workable turn that I think would make it quite a workhorse line shaper over the next dozen or so tree hits. The Metallic will turn, but it takes a lot more effort than the Gravity does. I really don't want to carry two different mid molds around this slot so I will probably wind up following your lead and going with Ghosts if I don't go back to Wasps. I just love the plastic and flight of the M3 and would love to find a place for it. If there was a lower durability plastic version, the Ghost would have more competition.

I've also been trying a Fugitive. I like that it, but I don't think it's going to make it. I need to stop buying discs and learn what I have. My game hasn't been the same since I started tinkering with my bag out of boredom.

I'm testing one of the infamous fading pink M3s...I realize I'm getting old, but if anyone remembers what the old flat pearly Champ Sharks flew like the M3 is almost an exact clone in plastic that grips and glides better. Thrown with any amount of hyzer and full power it holds it. On flat throws it is pretty overstable, but still getting good forward glide on the fade. Thrown slight anny the flight was really something of beauty, dead straight with a completely straight and forward fade. I was throwing the thing 400' on straight slightly turned over lines:eek:...Incredibly impressive. Since I was just field testing I'm not sure about ranging on the course, but damn my M3 is fun to throw.

The M3 is far more impressive to me than any of their drivers I've tested.

I'm testing one of the infamous fading pink M3s...I realize I'm getting old, but if anyone remembers what the old flat pearly Champ Sharks flew like the M3 is almost an exact clone in plastic that grips and glides better. Thrown with any amount of hyzer and full power it holds it. On flat throws it is pretty overstable, but still getting good forward glide on the fade. Thrown slight anny the flight was really something of beauty, dead straight with a completely straight and forward fade. I was throwing the thing 400' on straight slightly turned over lines:eek:...Incredibly impressive. Since I was just field testing I'm not sure about ranging on the course, but damn my M3 is fun to throw.

Nice. I have my thrower and I have a backup on the way. I really like it but right now for me its a bit too OS but I'll grow into it. If I get a good throw on it it goes, bad one it sails off to the left on me.

I have a 178 M1 and I find it to be similar in stability to my 177 Z Wasp. The M1 seems to glide a little more, but if I throw both full power and flat, they'll pretty much land side by side. The M1 is probably taking over the overstable mid slot in my bag because of the vastly superior grip of prodigy's plastic. It just feels so much more comforting when I have that tackiness. I think I actually grip lock the Z plastic sometimes because it feels slippery...or maybe there is something to their "easy release technology"?

Either way, I think I've found the overstable mid I've been wanting in the M1. I guess I'll have to get an M3 too now. Is there that much of a difference between the two? According to Inbounds, it's a pretty small difference...

BTW, I have a question for the Inbounds guy: Why have only entry for the Roc? Why not have separate entries for Roc3, San Marino, Ontario and Rancho Rocs? They're totally different discs IMHO. (Great site BTW. It the first place I go when I want to get an idea of how a disc flies.:thmbup:)

Out of curiosity :
Would you say the new Shark3 (which is somewhat flat) could fly like the old one your describing? I just won a Shark3 but haven't throw it yet. I have also never thrown the old Shark you are referring to.

tried browsing a bunch of the M3 related threads but... does anyone know if Prodigy is planning on renaming the current M3 or if they will retool it? i've been considering picking one up, but don't want to get one just to have them change it on me. i know it's a stretch to inquire about internal affairs, but if anybody knows, that would be a great help.

Latest posts