• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M3 Impressions

I'm testing one of the infamous fading pink M3s...I realize I'm getting old, but if anyone remembers what the old flat pearly Champ Sharks flew like the M3 is almost an exact clone in plastic that grips and glides better. Thrown with any amount of hyzer and full power it holds it. On flat throws it is pretty overstable, but still getting good forward glide on the fade. Thrown slight anny the flight was really something of beauty, dead straight with a completely straight and forward fade. I was throwing the thing 400' on straight slightly turned over lines:eek:...Incredibly impressive. Since I was just field testing I'm not sure about ranging on the course, but damn my M3 is fun to throw.

The M3 is far more impressive to me than any of their drivers I've tested.

LOL, those are my exacts results with the M3 so far! Amazing disc. My Roc 3's are history. The M4 replaced my beat Roc's.

I believe the proto M3's will be known as production run M2's. That could be wrong, but it sounds right to me. They're pretty beefy, really diggin' the M4's and D2's/3's though. The mid class of drivers straight up bomb.

kp0c, my buddy just picked up a champ shark I believe is a shark3, and its straighter than what discspeed is describing.

I received another M3, an M4, D2 and D3 to test. The M4 is smoooooooth. The D2 and D3 I'm still learning but the 3 feels more os based on a few throws with each. Either way I'll be posting footage soon. Gonna take all four driver molds out to an open 435' hole soon.

I think you're going to like the D2. Give it some hyzer and that thing will ****ing soar for you. Watched The Hammer absolutely crush that thing last weekend.

Yeah it goes far for sure, it just had a bit more high speed turn than I expected, while the D3 seemed to fly like a seasoned D1 would which is what I thought the D2 would be. Only threw them a handful of times each, so not enough to make a concrete judgment.

I actually have two different plastic of D2's, the more champ like was a bit more flippy compared to the star/esp which was more like what I was expecting the D2 to be.

thanks for the info. mine is clear champ looking, the d3 was a yellow, slightly opaque champ looking plastic.

I believe the proto M3's will be known as production run M2's. That could be wrong, but it sounds right to me. They're pretty beefy, really diggin' the M4's and D2's/3's though. The mid class of drivers straight up bomb.

Your probably right. I cant see why they would design a disc to fit between the M1 and M3. It would either be way to close to the M1 or way to close to the M3. I think in the end the M1, M3 and the M4 is the perfect set of mids.

J love my M3s, but I find them to be not quite as straight as my Roc3. I fully believe they an coexisist in a bag, just like I think a Roc and a Buzzz can be in the same bag. It depends on if you like mold minimization or not. I don't really mind carrying a lot of discs, hence my somewhat overlapping mid-range lineup.

The rim is .2 cm wider than a roc, or a buzzz. It is very similar to the flight of those discs, but you need to put a bit more on it because of the larger rim. I first felt like the disc was super stable until I added a bit more power behind my throw, and voila! it flew dead straight with a slight fade at the end.

I field tested an M3, Roc3 and 10th Buzz and even at 400' the M3 fades much harder than either of those two. It faded a touch more than my beefier Vectors and the most OS KC Rocs I've thrown. I really like the M3, fought wind really well too. I might of bagged one but I like the Tensors rim shape better.

Wow, my form must be really whack. For me, the M3 flies like a fairly fresh, super glidey Z Buzzz. Easy to go straight and hold lines, but thrown flat it has noticeable turn a.d a gently fade...Mich less fade than my Roc3 and M1. My Roc3 is super duper straight, and my M1 is straight with biiiiiigggg fade. I will say my M3 fights wind way better than a Buzzz however.

I know its not the disc, because I have two and so does my buddy and they all have the same dome, PLH, etc. Either way, I love Prodigys mids. The M4 just pales in comparison to my Eclipse Tangents.

Wow, my form must be really whack. For me, the M3 flies like a fairly fresh, super glidey Z Buzzz. Easy to go straight and hold lines, but thrown flat it has noticeable turn a.d a gently fade...Mich less fade than my Roc3 and M1. My Roc3 is super duper straight, and my M1 is straight with biiiiiigggg fade. I will say my M3 fights wind way better than a Buzzz however.

I know its not the disc, because I have two and so does my buddy and they all have the same dome, PLH, etc. Either way, I love Prodigys mids. The M4 just pales in comparison to my Eclipse Tangents.

Maybe you have a weird one, LOL, it happens. Mine when thrown flat and hard will not turn at all and has a gentle fade at the end. That's throwing it with no wind or a gentle backwind. I'm using mine on holes 375 and under where possible.

The rim is .2 cm wider than a roc, or a buzzz. It is very similar to the flight of those discs, but you need to put a bit more on it because of the larger rim. I first felt like the disc was super stable until I added a bit more power behind my throw, and voila! it flew dead straight with a slight fade at the end.

I'm going to quote myself. My disc used to fly like a more over stable roc, but after realizing the rim is slightly larger I threw it as if it were a Core, or zombie and it flew exactly like my z buzz, just a bit longer.

Maybe you have a weird one, LOL, it happens. Mine when thrown flat and hard will not turn at all and has a gentle fade at the end. That's throwing it with no wind or a gentle backwind. I'm using mine on holes 375 and under where possible.

Not a weird one. Its the same as all the other M3s Ive seen. Its me, but its fine because its super useful.

Got out to actually test my M3 today and im loving the thing. Took my normal champ roc out of the bag for now. They basicially have the same flight but I like the feel of the prodigy plastic better. The disc was stable to overstable. It holds up well for us big arms.

Mike C - Have you tried the M1 yet and if you have is it more overstable then the M3 and would it be a good replacement for a gator or drone

Got out to actually test my M3 today and im loving the thing. Took my normal champ roc out of the bag for now. They basicially have the same flight but I like the feel of the prodigy plastic better. The disc was stable to overstable. It holds up well for us big arms.

Mike C - Have you tried the M1 yet and if you have is it more overstable then the M3 and would it be a good replacement for a gator or drone

They are great for big arms, thats why I love mine. I can answer you M1 question. The M1 is more overstable than the M3 by a good margin. Not sure how they compare to a drone but they are Gator overstable with more glide. They are a great headwind mid.

Latest posts