• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M4 - the good /the bad

Spent some time with my M4 yesterday. Damn good disc! Give it a small hyzer and it's the straightest disc I've ever thrown. 300 of the straightest feet I've ever seen. Thrown flat is works a nice S with a little fade at the end. Kicked my Comet out of the bag after one day.

For me there is room for both. I have a stable/turn resistant comet and a comet i use for anny's, the m4 is a faster version of both of those for me depending on the distance and ceiling.

My X Comet just seems to continue to slowly turn, it never had enough resistance or stability to have a back to middle motion for a flex shot. It would just slide left on my LHBH anny/flat throws. With a slight hyzer it will track straight but will slowly (very slowly) leak out to right or left. No leakage from the M4.

Last edited:
Got to throw Cameron Colglaziers pa1 and pa4 today, the new plastic grippy and stiff (like a better kc pro), both are low profile putters. Pa1 was like a zone and an aviar had a baby, when thrown with full power it went strait with a late fade. Pa4 is unlike anything Ive ever thrown, hyzer flip machine. Cameron aced with the pa4 on his 5th throw with it ever.

I'm thinking breaker/suspect. At least it's coming out in firm plastic, not floppy 400 series. Can't stand champion/z style putters, especially if they're floppy.

Suspect is like a beaded zone. Max is 176g.

Ya it has a similar role in most peoples bags. It is wider tho, so i think it seems faster, and from what i saw of others throwing it, it flies like a pretty seasoned Z zone or maybe a 7/10 D zone.

Disc golf sweden has the dia. At 21.3 and a zone at 21.1 fwiw.

Has anyone thrown both the proto and the first run? Anyone notice any difference?

Yes, no. Outside of what looks to be normal run variation in dome. But flat (not concave) ones with both stamp flew identical for me. My more concave proto is a touch flippier.

How flippy is the M4? Are we talking Fuse flippy, or more neutral?

It's like a perfectly beat buzzz. So more to the neutral side. But I have the "perfect" batch of M4s. First batch of protos. I think the new ones are flippier. Saw Phil's son turning his M4 from a hyzer flip, but he can chunk a disc, and he's a pro.

M4 is a great disc. Not good in a moderate headwind though. Flipped mine into the biggest briar patch today. Sustained many injuries during the rescue. Leave no man behind.

I have a few new 1st run M4's, orange/copper stamp, $19 shipped. Amazing disc. I agree with others about the M4 being similar to a beat Buzzz except I think the M4 is much faster, fairway driver speed.

I got to throw a M4 today and was pleasantly surprised. The beat Buzzz comparison is dead on. It's being very fast is also dead on. If I wasn't so invested in buzzzes I would have one of these in my bag.

Anyone know where I can get one of the 400G ones for a reasonable price? Everyone seems to be trying to sell them for a premium.....

It'll probably stay like that for awhile loki. If you find them somewhere cheaper, let me know.