• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M4 - the good /the bad

I've had my M4 long enough to understand it.
Most people are saying the right things.
It is very similar to the Buzzz SS in shape and somewhat in flight. What I find with the M4 is that it will hold a straight line better. It moves understable but not dramatically unless you really crank it. It will often fade back as well. It's predictable and I feel very confident with it.

I also throw the M2. Over the last couple weeks it has come to light that the M2 is more overstable than I thought it was. It does go well with the M4. I thought a lot about getting an M3. But I can make due with what I have for sure.

All in all, the prodigy line-up is awesome. It keeps growing for me

Same here. I found the M4 much more forgiving to form flaws. It could be the weight, though. My Tursas was 171 and the M4 is 177. But it is nice to be able to rip into it a little more.

That's not a fair comparison though. As with most Lat discs a light and heavy behave differently.

I've got maybe all of 3 throws on an M4 at the moment but it seems similar to a Tursas in terms of speed and potentially glide but a little bit more HSS and LSS.
It does straight really quite well.

Mines a tank though at 180. I normally throw mids in the 172-176 range.

That's not a fair comparison though. As with most Lat discs a light and heavy behave differently.

I've got maybe all of 3 throws on an M4 at the moment but it seems similar to a Tursas in terms of speed and potentially glide but a little bit more HSS and LSS.

I will give you that. The M4 initially - and I have only had a field session with it, so there's that - is flying a little less finnicky than my old max weight GL Fuse. Closer to a 177 Opto, but still a little more forgiving. Glide is on par though even with the higher weights.

Hmm, and color too? I recalled the green TP Tursas I swapped to you, you had mentioned you found the green ones more US. I tested the theory and picked up a heavy purple one (180g) and I did find it more like the VIP I have (175 orange) than the green TP you now have, by my recollection. I use the VIP because mine's easier to see. That said, I've slowly been working an M1 into more roles and it has become my goto OS mid, complementing the Warhip and Tursas perfectly. As much as I enjoy the M1, I've been hard pressed to test any of the others, being as happy as I am with the current trifecta. From your description, it seems the M4 maybe somewhere between Warship and Tursas. I'm not sure I have a use for that atm, but if yours is outside your normal range and you find it getting little love, hit me up for another swap ;)

Sounds good. I still need a bit more time with it. As it stands I'm trying to track down some F series drivers to try out. Life Sport didn't have any and I don't see Prodigy listed on Don's so I'm not sure if Scott has any.

Sounds good. I still need a bit more time with it. As it stands I'm trying to track down some F series drivers to try out. Life Sport didn't have any and I don't see Prodigy listed on Don's so I'm not sure if Scott has any.

I've been trialing an F7 in 300 plastic as a true US fairway and it's fitting the bill. I've got a 400 on the way to consolidate the slot. I can't see my Amp ever leaving my bag, but the F7 nibbles on its duties. As far as getting them, I've had great service from Marshall Street. I've received 7 orders from them this summer so far and all were exact and arrived duty free within a week. I actually wonder if discs are exempt, because they write the full value on them (not as gifts). Depending on size of order, the shipping price works out to about $2/disc. Pretty great these days (to Canada). I did mention to Scott about MVP/Prodigy, etc and he brought in a small order of MVP. You might mention to him you'd be interested to try some Prodigy, perhaps the additional voice will help him decide to stock it.

So ive been looking into getting some more m4's and it seems like they are harder to find in 400s plastic. Were they only run in 400s for protos and x-outs?

Most sites only have M4's for sale in the 400g plastic. Whats up with that?

hahaha great skit, but reallly.. whats up with that? lol

Will there be more 400s M4's?

Yeah I have a 400s M3 M2 and D1 and a 400g M4 D2 F7

I like both plastics a lot....I prefer the S for mids and the G for drivers. and ill never use a 300

A friend picked up a bunch of prodigy stuff in missouri from his tourney credit. He got an M4 in whatever the s plastic is. 400s? Feels the best to me out of all their other plastic I've thrown. Mold was cool too he seemed to like it. Felt similar to a meteor to me and if I didn't like my tursas so much I'd probably get one.

A friend picked up a bunch of prodigy stuff in missouri from his tourney credit. He got an M4 in whatever the s plastic is. 400s? Feels the best to me out of all their other plastic I've thrown. Mold was cool too he seemed to like it. Felt similar to a meteor to me and if I didn't like my tursas so much I'd probably get one.

Theyre a more hss than meteors imo, but not by a huge amount. I think the m4 is my favorite mold theyve made thus far.

Yeah i like the disc too, but what i want to know is why there seems to be an absence of M4's in 400s plastic..

I know there are some out there, but not nearly as many as the M4's run in 400 G

Yeah i like the disc too, but what i want to know is why there seems to be an absence of M4's in 400s plastic..

I know there are some out there, but not nearly as many as the M4's run in 400 G
I have heard that 400s is molding up too heavy. May be difficult to find them until they fix that.