• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Project Save the Rancho Roc!

keltik

* Ace Member *
Okay so in the VRoc thread I brought up the idea of getting Innova to retool the Rancho Roc. The idea involved a kickstarter campaign to fund the engineering analysis, 3D modelling and tool design, and the fabrication of the actual mold.

But for this discussion I want to know what is the best iteration of the Rancho Roc to use for the modeling.

Everyone seems to like the 11x KC Pro.

thoughts?

With the three new Vroc molds coming out I highly doubt Innova cares about the Rancho Roc. And really, how many damn Rocs do there need to be?

The Rancho mold has already been cut once. I'd imagine that Innova has the data for it and any tweaks already. I doubt you'd have to go to this much trouble. Just raise the funds for a recut.

I don't know what data Innova has.

There are 3 vroc molds? Wtf? How did I miss that tidbit?

Ranchos aren't going anywhere, but if you want the best run it was the "Big Eye" USDGC Rancho. 2008, I believe. I'm lucky enough to have 3 F2 big eyes and they are magical.

And since we're playing make believe, why not have them bust out the 4x glow?

And since we're playing make believe, why not have them bust out the 4x glow?

I asked emailed the contact off their website when they were going to run some more champ glow rancho's and he suggested that i just pick up a glow roc3 instead.

incredulous.gif

I bet in 10 years a thread like this will pop up called '[Innova] Project Save the Whale" :p

Yeah I think I've given Innova enough of my money.

Play smart, keep it simple, throw Discraft mids :p

Yeah I think I've given Innova enough of my money.

Play smart, keep it simple, throw Discraft mids :p

Innova's pretty simple too. Just go to a local store. Find a standard DX Roc. Throw and enjoy.

^I can't go to my local retailer that carries Innova and get McPro Roc3s. I'm talking WIDELY available.

I haven't seen a freshly made kc/dx rancho roc in a while but my guess is they're perfectly wonderful just as they've always been. Are they molding up too plus-y or not overstable enough? I doubt it lol.

I asked emailed the contact off their website when they were going to run some more champ glow rancho's and he suggested that i just pick up a glow roc3 instead.
They make me laugh sometimes, especially the Factory Store. I ordered another x-out JL Gazelle recently and they sent me a JL Eagle-X instead. I'm not even mad, it is more awesome than what I had ordered :clap:

This thread needs some history for those of us who don't speak Roc. Tell us why this matters.