• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

public course

What do you do when randoms are in the way?

• Ask or tell them to move, frolfers should have the right away.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Skip the hole(s) or wait.

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hook_nuts

Banned
OK so some recent threads/posts have gotten me a little disappointed in the community. When I play a casual round on public property I feel in no way entitled to the course. I'm getting this vipe that most ppl feel because a course is installed then frolfers have the right away. This public property should be shared and if someone is picnicking in the fairway they should be left alone if they were there first imo. That may be a place they have picniced at for years before a course was even there. It may just be a prime spot to picnic. This goes for any other activity that people might utilize this public land for. If I see randoms on course that are in the way, no matter how clueless, I will either skip the hole(s) or wait if they seem to just be passing by. So what are the communities thoughts on this?

I wouldn't picnic in a baseball field (during a baseball game) simply because that was the most appealing location. That being said, the park I disc golf at has regular dog walkers and some people who like to jog/walk through the park and course...I have no issue letting them move through for a few reasons:

1) avoid a lawsuit for causing physical harm
2) usually works faster by avoiding the incoherent shouting and ensuing confusion by the infringing party

Most people in the way have no idea they're in the way. Most people don't even know what disc golf is let alone be able to recognize and avoid teepads/baskets/lines. I hate hate hate when I see/hear golfers shouting at people to move and/or throwing towards them, that **** right there is among the worse things for our sport and in some cities could get courses shut down. In my city it's already a fight with parks and rec over courses, you get people calling with complaints and we do not win that fight.

Give yourself a three and move on.

myself and buddies do both.. Skip hole or inform and play. Depends on stuff on course. Ex; 10 kids from a birthday party, skip hole. 2 guys throwing a football, inform and play through.

... Never yell like an entitled moron 200 feet away to someone that can't understand. Rude and dumb, but some discers are rude and dumb.

Last edited:
a few times, I have seen a family taking photographs with what may be a independent photographer..

I either wait them out, skip the hole, or have one of the group go in the area to Swipe down any disc that may take out an infant.

myself and buddies do both.. Skip hole or inform and play. Depends on stuff on course. Ex; 10 kids from a birthday party, skip hole. 2 guys throwing a football, inform and play through.

... Never yell like an entitled moron 200 feet away to someone that can't understand. Rude and dumb, but some discers are rude and dumb.

Good post. I prefer to walk up and politely inform the randoms that they're on a disc golf course and that dangerous plastic objects could come their way. That's better than just skipping by default b/c the next guys to come through might not be so nice and throw anyway and possibly hit the randoms. But like Mark said, if it's a throng of people sometimes you just chalk it up to not your day and move on.

OK so some recent threads/posts have gotten me a little disappointed in the community. When I play a casual round on public property I feel in no way entitled to the course. I'm getting this vipe that most ppl feel because a course is installed then frolfers have the right away. This public property should be shared and if someone is picnicking in the fairway they should be left alone if they were there first imo. That may be a place they have picniced at for years before a course was even there. It may just be a prime spot to picnic. This goes for any other activity that people might utilize this public land for. If I see randoms on course that are in the way, no matter how clueless, I will either skip the hole(s) or wait if they seem to just be passing by. So what are the communities thoughts on this?

I just treat them like any other obstacle on the course. Sometimes they make a rather boring par 3 much more interesting. It's all about perspective.

I could not disagree with you more than I do. I don't even understand how someone could think this way.

I completely fail to understand the desperate need for attention within social media. Apparently ignoring this troll is not enough, I still inevitably click on a thread like this, totally unaware it is this guy crying for more attention. Can his account simply be revoked?

I throw directly at people, especially since I found out hook_nuts is local to me, in hopes of hitting him.

:thmbup:
Hook, I hope you know I really don't have any ill intent or feelings for you, I just like trolling the troll, if it bothers you or if you get upset, I can stop and we can be friends. <3

I completely fail to understand the desperate need for attention within social media. Apparently ignoring this troll is not enough, I still inevitably click on a thread like this, totally unaware it is this guy crying for more attention. Can his account simply be revoked?

hook_nuts seems to have a more sensitive attitude in here lately, like maybe he found the Lord or something.

So when I saw the title and poll options, I thought it was referring to random doubles leagues -- until I read hook's post. :doh:

Our city dg park is open to everyone and the dg course is free, so we always yield to pedestrians no matter what they're doing. It's never been a big deal at all. They have as much right to the park as disc golfers do, at least that is the way it is here. Sometimes we ask them to move their car if it's parked on the grass in the fairway -- there is a parking lot so they are always cool about it.

Ok, next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts