• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Pure vs ....

I too love my opto pures as driving putters, and then I tried the DecoDye pures and to me they are even better, you just have to cut the mold release off of them. Maybe it is just me but when thrown a bit too hard my opto would turn over a bit more than I was looking for, the other reason is that my Deco seems to that a bit less LSS, which for more equates to a much tighter line I can throw. If you haven't tried the Deco GL you should pick one up and give it a chance.

Problem Solved!

A Shield is way more overstable and yucky hand feel compared to Pure.

XD is the closest feel in hand to a Pure to me.

Opto Pures last forever and are easy to buy. Try one.

Well as it turns out I came across a Zero Hard Pure and love it for longer putts. Also I stopped in Another Round Disc Golf and picked up a Recycled Pure :D lots of flashing on it but exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the feed back. I now have 3 Pures in different plastics for all types of approaches/putts.

Been using Pures for years and they feel the best in my hand because I learned with an Aviar PA and switched to XDs after a while. Right between the two. Switched to Hards this summer and it has shaved strokes. Less spit outs galore. Love how they stay flat and don't dome like Meds. I still keep one in my bag for scary up shots I don't want rolling. Throw an Opto but probably like to trade in for a GL or Recycle.

The Pure is one disc that I love to throw...I throw single disc rounds with it quite happily. Takes power - even a little wind - in its stride, but you can throw annys, hyzers, and straight shots all day long.