• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter advice

I like to hyzer putt, so I prefer the Innova Rhyno. This disc is even better as an approach disc...the flightpath is straight with a slight hyzer finish, and when it lands it doesn't skip and roll away. You can run at the basket without worry--it sticks in the ground like a lawn dart!

I have been in your same boat before. I started out Aviar, then switched to challengers and then to magnet, soft magnets, z-magnets, you name it. One day my magnet hit the chains and popped out and rolled like 35 feet downhill, turning a birdie putt into a bogey. Long story short, I bought a Discraft Soft APX at the 7-11 on the way home from that round and Ive never looked back. I have two, one beat up for "inside the circle" putting and a newer one for short drives or short turnover shots

I've tried dx, jk and champ avairs, as well as soft magnet and rubber putters, and I've found I putt best with a 171 star skeeter. I've yet to put my hands on this r-pro stuff, gonna pick up one tomorrow. But I'll bet I still like the star skeeter. It's a good mid-range too.