• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

putter weight

What's your ideal putter weight?

• 175+

Votes: 88 52.7%
  • 170-174

Votes: 82 49.1%
  • 165-169

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • 160-164

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 151-159

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 150 or less

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jermlac

Bogey Member
This thread is not about the mold of putter you use, but just the weight of your putter. I spin putt and currently my anodes are 171-174 gr. I'm starting to enjoy the heaver putters.

How heavy do you prefer your putters to be for your putting style?

:popcorn:

Depends on what I'm doin with em. I own mostly 175 Wizards for putting, but I think I may switch to Pures but drop to 174.

I like em 171-173 for upshots.

Idk my style of putt, Idk what each of em means tbh. lol Depends on the line I take, sometimes I put it on a higher line to sit under the basket, sometime I rocket it right at the pin.

I imagine a 150 putter would bounce of the chains. Maybe they make them that light for driving?

Last edited:
I have a 167 for upshots and drives. I like to putt with 171. It seems like there's a bit more glide.

I used to go with 171g for putting but when i switched up putters i upped it to 173-174g, which I'm really liking.

I prefer my putters at max weight, if for no other reason than I'm used to them like that.

I haven't noticed a bit of difference putting with anything between 170-175 on my wizards, so I go by feel more than weight as long as it's in that range.

165-6 for putters whether putting or driving. Style of putting depends somewhat on the putter - some putters need more spin to hold the line.

165-6 putters can be frustrating to find, but they fly so nicely and hold the line much better on longer putts.

Began playing recently - Used a 150 Aviar and seemed to have LOTS of trouble. Bought a 172 Wizard @ PIAS for $10 and have since seemed to be getting better.

I'm a little over the map, but prefer 170ish.

Putting putters: 169 SE Rhyno (main); 174 Pro Rhynos (testing)
Driving putters: 176 Opto Pure; 168 JK; 170 Yeti; 165 Wizard (all in testing)

All my putters are 171, or 172 for putting. Approach putters can be heavier. I'm not really picky about it.