• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quest AT, yay or nay?

depster

Birdie Member
Just wondering what everyones opinion on them is, and if their discs are worth throwing?
Marshall street has their discs at really good prices and they are made by gateway if what I'm told is true that is. So if that's true the plastic can't be too terrible.

The price may seem good, but its actually three times what those discs are worth, and its not just marshall street, everyplace charges too much for those mistakes ;)

Quest discs are made by Quest Gateway has never made any discs for them. Some of the Quest discs fly pretty good like the Raging Inferno, Raging Inferno Dt, Inferno, T-bone and Rock-it but their discs fly best in the lower end plastic and it doesn't hold up at all.

The scream is like an eagle X that forgot how to glide. It's not so much about the flimsy, terrible plastic as much as the lousy, forgettable flight paths. And the CEO who mocked the game, his competitors, his customers, and his own product. There's little redeeming about any aspect of the brand.

In one of their videos, they come right out and say they are in the business because it's easy money. There is no love for the sport at all imo.

Their plastic is mediocre at best. Colors are terrible. Way too many molds. Too much experimental crap. They do have one or two discs that fly well, but nothing that's not beat by other mfrs.

For me, though, worst of all is they have driven out all of the other brands anywhere near my house where you can buy discs. Since they are local here, they've undercut pricing at every gas station and convenience store. So where there used to be a decent selection of Innova, Discraft, Millennium, Gateway, and Discmania, there is now a stagnant rack of Quest.

Since the Quest discs don't sell, now a lot of those places don't sell anything.

What makes them so terrible? I hear a lot of they suck but no why?

Most of us are used to Discraft, Innova, etc, and consider then to be "normal" discs. For good, bad, or ugly, they have become the standard of the game. Quest didn't think they could compete by making discs that were pretty much the same as everyone else's, so they made a conscious decision to differentiate their products by being very different from everyone else's discs. Hence, a lot of their discs feel strange to people who had gotten used to more convetional discs, and they and take more than a little time to get used to. How discs feel in the hand is important to most DG'ers- so Quest never reallt saw widespread use to begin with.

Plus they're inconsistant within molds and many people simply think that many of their molds just don't perform "as advertised." All of the hype - none of the performance.

I had an Fst Run Ultralight Raging Inferno DT that I actually liked, but lost. Tried 3 others to replace it - all 4 discs flew quite differently. I have one that's a 124g MEATHOOK[/B- almost makes my Groove seem decent (I sad almost).

So, does that answer your question?

I have a Crossfire putter in Ninja plastic. I like the erasure feel, and it flies pretty straight.

Well I couldn't find that video that was brought up, but I did find their website and they do seem very gimmicky with all the dimples and one of their fairways had a freakin cone for a flight plate. And the turbo putt what the hell it that things problem. I don't think I'll be buying or trying any of their plastic out. I'd almost commend them on the out of the box thinking but someone should have talked them into coming back a little closer to the box it seems. Guess I'll just stick with what I already know.

@Grungedude42 sounds like you'd need to pay me shipping LOL

Well I couldn't find that video that was brought up, but I did find their website and they do seem very gimmicky with all the dimples and one of their fairways had a freakin cone for a flight plate. And the turbo putt what the hell it that things problem. I don't think I'll be buying or trying any of their plastic out. I'd almost commend them on the out of the box thinking but someone should have talked them into coming back a little closer to the box it seems. Guess I'll just stick with what I already know.

@Grungedude42 sounds like you'd need to pay me shipping LOL

Dang... Guess I'll have to just put it back in the lake I found it in.

I have a raging inferno and an ultralight t-bone that I got on the cheap at PIAS. Do not want. I could never get either one figured out and they seemed so inconsistent.