• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question about Renny Gold #18

I believe the left one is a 4. I thought it was gone for good. Is it back again?

If it's a 5 it's a pretty generous 5 for the targeted skill level.

I believe the left one is a 4. I thought it was gone for good. Is it back again?

If it's a 5 it's a pretty generous 5 for the targeted skill level.

Agreed. I'd say Par 4 for the left, 5 for the right.

I haven't ever seen different pars for each pin mentioned at the course or on DGCR, so I was curious how they were scored in tournaments, etc.

I'm pretty sure that the left pen was used for the pro layout and the island basket is for gold. No event has used the left basket on gold in quite a while.

I remember renny black back in the day played from the Mando DropZone to the basket on the island then they moved it to the basket on the left. So much is changed out there I have trouble keeping up sometimes

I'm pretty sure that the left pen was used for the pro layout and the island basket is for gold. No event has used the left basket on gold in quite a while.

I remember renny black back in the day played from the Mando DropZone to the basket on the island then they moved it to the basket on the left. So much is changed out there I have trouble keeping up sometimes

^ this

The left basket location was used for Renny Grey (which doesn't exist anymore).

Renny Pro #17 uses the short teepad and has a basket tucked behind right tower. And the newest iteration of Renny Pro #18 uses a natural pad up towards road and plays to Renny Gold #18s basket.

^ this

The left basket location was used for Renny Grey (which doesn't exist anymore).

Renny Pro #17 uses the short teepad and has a basket tucked behind right tower. And the newest iteration of Renny Pro #18 uses a natural pad up towards road and plays to Renny Gold #18s basket.

Oh wow, I didn't realize they changed that much with Renny Grey. I played the gray layout once on a date in 2014 and have only thrown the Gold layout since. I saw they added a basket by Gold 1 tee for a new hole 1 for the gray course / pro course, didn't know about 17 & 18. Maybe I'll make a video of the new layout sometime this Spring.