• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick Question

Drive - Will Schusterick
Approach - Will Schusterick
Putt - Will Schusterick
Swagger - Will Schusterick
Life In General - Will Schusterick
How to be a stud - Will Schusterick

^^^^THIS! :thmbup::clap::popcorn:

What's that on your nose? :p

THIS is funny! Honestly, I've learned a ton from guys who've played the game a while. Climo would be my instinctual "go-to" for what I've learned...both on and off the course!

Putting- Schusterick (I have the same putting style he does)
Jump Putting- Feldberg
Driving- Schusterick
Everything else including life I would definitely want to learn from feldberg.

Seriously, at this point in my game I could take lessons from the iVillage guy and it would make improvements :|

Welcome to the site Shoes :hfive:

Putting: nikko or Shusterick
Forehand drives: Macbeth or Ulibarri
Backhand drives: Shusterick
Attitude: Barsby..He always seem to be having fun on the videos.

Putting: Eric McCabe
Approach: MJ
Backhand: Shusterick
Forehand: Koling/McBeth

Will, maybe you can teach me through letting me watch you play at the RFDO..ahem, or by letting my caddy? ha.

How cool would it be if Shoestrings could get some pros to come to a DGCR meet to put on a clinic?! In my opinion, that would be way better than wishing for it.

Driving - Shoestring/McBeth
Putting - Feldberg/Shoestring/McCabe
Approach - Doss/Terry Miller (his anny roc lines are amazing)
Mental - Feldberg/Climo
Course Management - Feldberg/Doss
A$$ Kissing - Sidewinding :rolleyes:

I would say Feldberg for everything. Having watched some of his clinic videos I think he is very knowledgeable and well spoken. He is probably one of the most experienced disc golf teachers. If you watch his clinics some of the other pro's lessons are not very good. Having a skill doesn't mean you know how to teach it to others.

This. I mean, if it was about who I would want to hang out with and learn from it would be MJ.

But Feldberg seems like the kind of teacher who can explain not just how he himself does things, but how all the other players do things.

Other guys on videos just show how they themselves do something instead of explaining core fundamentals that can be incorporated into individualized styles.

Mark Ellis is good at this two. Every video he's made drives home the point that there's more than one way to skin the DG cat.

I've competed my whole life in different arenas and now aspire to be a basketball coach. I've learned that in general people that are great at something are not necessarily the best teachers. How many hall of fame players in any sport are great teachers? Sure there's some exceptions, but could you imagine Jordan coaching a team? Colin Cowherd was talking about this recently,and as off the wall as he can be sometimes, he made a great point. He said Magic was a terrible coach because he couldn't get guys to do what he did.... it was impossible. The best teachers are the ones that do a couple things well, study the hell out of the game, and articulate. I've played poker professionally and some of the best players could not articulate what they were doing and why, it just came naturally to them. I think this probably correlates to DG as well. All that said, after watching some clinics online, I've seen some guys teach really well, and some who just can't explain how to do things the right way. The best teacher i have seen is Feldberg for sure. There may be some that are just as good. Will I would like to see some instructional stuff from you too. Teach me how to get a roc out 450+?

I got to play with Nikko the other day, and the best, and only question, which wasn't really a question, that I could come up with was "I just don't get how you do what you do on the course." He simply replied, "Just be smooth, man."

Which, funny enough, I had just come off a nasty slump where I was trying to kill every shot, and when I was able to slow everything down and smooth it out, I played astronomically better. For the record, the dude is awesome to play with, and not just because he can generally out drive you by 1,000,000 feet.

Question for Will:
So I've been given crap that I wrap my arm around my body slightly when I pull back, as opposed to straight down the line. You seem to have a small amount of that going on, but still pull through perfectly on line, so I was wondering if it's as big of a deal as my playing buddies make it out to be.

That's all. Mahalo.

Oh yeah, I also asked our local lefty for advice, seeing as I'm a lefty, and he said, "Pretty much just do everything that Nikko does, but, you know, opposite."

And I agree about Feldberg. Dude has a degree in sports education.

Never really thought about it but guess I take a bit of everything from a lot of pros. I had been playing for several years before I really started paying attention to Open players and proper form so its all be adjusting and adding things here and there.
Backhands - Feldberg (Mechanics)
Forehands - Koling (Technique)
Mids - Shusterick (Technique in weaponizing Rocs)
Putting - Greenwell, Feldberg, McBeth, Shusterick (Technique, weight distribution, follow through)
Shot variety - Greenwell (Has the most different shots in the bag I've ever seen, I even got him to throw a sidearm drive once)
Shot shaping - Shultz (One of purest flights and knowing how the disc should move)
Confidence in the shot - MJ (He knows the shot, he throws it)