• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rain jacket in a bag?

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
Anybody know where to get one of those rain jackets that was up into a bag. Hell some of them u can wad up into the front pocket of the jacket. Have been looking on the internet with no luck. Not sure what they are called.

trashbags.jpg

in all cerealness... I keep a poncho in a pouch that fits in the storage pocket of my bags. Got it from walmart for $4.00. Luckily I've only needed it once.

I may play in a tournament sat but the forecast is 70% rain. If i can find me a nice lightweight rain jacket/pullover i would be very happy.

Investing in a nice shell is a good way to go. There are plenty that come in bags, or that stuff into their own pocket. Rei has some that are relatively affordable.

Those are a lot of times just getting lucky at sporting goods stores and finding them. I know I bought mine at my local walmart and have gotten a couple more at Dick's and Bass Pro Shop.

I just bought one thru my job, and it fits great and is good for the money. look up harrington,they carry a pocketable rain jacket.

hyzerbomb sells the same jacket with their logo,on their website. I didn't want a logo on mine so I just bought one wholesale.

Ball Golf stores sell a rain shells that will fold into one of the pockets to be self contained making it a 6" by 6" square that can be compressed into most disc golf bag pockets. I use a Nike golf jacket which is light and a great wicker of rain.

I have a decent quality Columbia rain jacket that I keep rolled up and stuffed into the side pocket of my bag at all times. Probably a $40-60 investment but its worth it in my opinion to have a jacket that actually keeps you dry and breathes well. Nothing is worse than sweating to death while you're trying to stay dry in a summer drizzle.

Your best bet for a decent raincoat that's lightweight and breathable would be to check out REI. I have a Marmot Precip that works really well.

Your best bet for a decent raincoat that's lightweight and breathable would be to check out REI. I have a Marmot Precip that works really well.

Marmot Precip is an excellent lightweight technical jacket. Just now wearing out my current one after 7 years of stuffing it into bags and lugging it nearly everywhere. Lifetime value is high and the jacket is very light given the features.

Another brand to consider for value is Frogg Toggs. They are a favorite among some of my friends who ride motorcycles for light weight and packability, and hard to beat on price (at least the original version).

also

if you want to support disc golf stores I believe Dynamic Discs has a product that matches what you are looking for

I got a Marmot shell online for about $80 and it takes up half of my side pocket when crammed in there.

Read before posting lol ^^^^ What he said lol

I have a tnf mtn lite and it fits in its own pocket, wasn't cheap and not tiny but I've had it for over ten years.

I have one of these as well. It works great for keeping the rain out, and packs down very small. The Patagonia Torrentshell is another good choice. Both will offer years of protection, and can stand up to abuse. Yes they are expensive, but will last for a VERY long time.