• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Raketen

kw83028

* Ace Member *
LATITUDE 64 OPTO HEX RAKETEN - June 15, 12PM ET

Raketen (The Rocket in Swedish) is an extremely fast long distance driver due to the unique hexagon pattern. The HEX pattern helps the disc be less affected by air drag so it can fly faster, but at the same time you will lose a bit of the glide. This is quite easy to see when the disc touches the ground after a throw. It still has forward momentum and it is actually landing with more forward motion than a "normal" disc.

Compared to Latitude 64's first HEX disc, Missilen, Raketen is easier to throw for slower arms and can be compared to their Bolt in stability. If you want to be the fastest guy on the course, pick up Raketen and start the countdown!

Speed: 15 Glide: 3 Turn: -1.5 Fade: 3.5

Attachments

• Latitude-64-Opto-Hex-Raketen-Newsletter-Banner.jpg
    Latitude-64-Opto-Hex-Raketen-Newsletter-Banner.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 171
Hope they are able to get the Rakatan through customs with more ease than they did with the original shipment of Missilens.

The Swedes outdid Innova and are making two Grooves!

How thick is the rim, what does is it really rate on the innova scale? True 13 like a boss? If it has some turn it could be a canon, boss contender... Is anything allowing to be larger then the Canon or boss?

Sound like another expensive dud, I'd try it and film it if someone sent me one but I'm not about to drop coin on another iffy disc.

How thick is the rim, what does is it really rate on the innova scale? True 13 like a boss? If it has some turn it could be a canon, boss contender... Is anything allowing to be larger then the Canon or boss?

I'm pretty sure they all equate to speed 13 on the innova scale, them ****z is dictated by measurements and such...

I'm assumed they are saying it moves faster through tge air due to decreased drag. Makes sense to my drunken less than scientific mind. Obviously doesn't mean it'll go farther. And still sounds like a piece of crap

The Misselen was a 2.3 cm rim, which would be an innova speed 13 (for the most part).

I'm not in the know about how exactly PDGA technical specs work, but I THINK that a 2.3 is as high as you can go without increasing the diameter.

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of love the number's inflation in flight ratings that has happened the last couple of years. I think its fun. 25 glide! Speed 63!!!

FWIW the Salient Promethius is a 2.6 cm rim on a large diameter driver, so I think I'm correct about the technical specs.

Nope. Actually bothered to look it up. 2.6 cm is the maximum rim size. Which, as far as I know, no one has really gone to aside from the aforementioned Prometheus.

FWIW larger diameter discs are easier to get up to speed vs that of smaller diameter discs.

Simon and others have thrown larger putter lid like molds much faster than the distance drivers out of the hand when recorded speed wise.

-3824314205398466303_1.jpg

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-16047/Odyssey-ULRD-Clearance/

Please ignore me, aside from my last post. I'm just spouting nonsense tonight.