• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

A group of herbivorous dinosaurs is called a herd. A group of carnivorous dinosaurs is called a pack. The default for land animals. So dull. My favorites are murders of crows and armadas of pelicans.

... I do want 'A glacial of disc golf carts' to become an accepted term for a group of disc golfers with carts.

There are some good mammal ones too, but they're not used as often. Such as a crash of rhinos, or a romp of otters. The most accurate would probably be a prickle of porcupines.

I was always partial to the term for a group of baboons. It's called a congress.

A groupthink of message board users.

A cheap of disc golfers.

Had two identical throws with the Stego yesterday that couldn't have worked with any other disc in the universe, IMHO.

Par 4.
Basket on the top of a significant knoll.
Off the fairway to the left after a drive 2/3 of the way down the fairway.
Absolute jail directly to the basket.
Only legit opening is 50'+ in the air and quite a bit to the right.
If I stretch waaaay to the right and throw a RHFH at an extreme anny (like 1 o'clock), I can make the curve to the basket, maybe, but risk landing and rolling well past the basket.
If I try a RHBH extreme hyzer, I can't stretch to the right enough to get the angle, and would have no power to get there.
I could pitch out to the fairway. Boring.

So, I grab my flat top, max weight Stego, stretch out, and throw the extreme anny. I hit the window, it muscles its way all the way to flat, and plops right next to the basket.

Next round my drive is like 5' from where the first one landed, but even further left. Same throw, same result.

TL;DR - Stegos rock.

Stegos are hilarious. and so good at that high extreme anny pan out.
I can't figure out at all how forehand rollers work with it, they just almost go the wrong way.
I bought one recently and took it to the Seneca Creek Soiree, I had one of my cardmates throw it and it got a bunch of "What was that??" from local pros who then of course tossed it back and forth a couple times to great amusement.

Stegos are hilarious. and so good at that high extreme anny pan out.
I can't figure out at all how forehand rollers work with it, they just almost go the wrong way.
I bought one recently and took it to the Seneca Creek Soiree, I had one of my cardmates throw it and it got a bunch of "What was that??" from local pros who then of course tossed it back and forth a couple times to great amusement.

I think the expectation just has to be, for any shot you haven't thrown with it before, expect the opposite of what any other reasonably thrown disc would've done. Works perfectly.

I'm going to start an actual list of discs on my need to get but promised myself I wouldn't buy list. :(

I'm going to start an actual list of discs on my need to get but promised myself I wouldn't buy list. :(
This, the scale, and the serpent should top that list
I've used it with great success to basically make a u turn and head back up a hill.

There are some good mammal ones too, but they're not used as often. Such as a crash of rhinos, or a romp of otters. The most accurate would probably be a prickle of porcupines.

As I learned last night, a quiver of cobras.

OT, check out Cobra Kai on YouTube if you get a chance. Way better than I thought it would be.

Took the stego to leauge last night and man we had some good laughs.. gave it to one guy told him to throw it into a 25mph headwind on a anny... Bam flattened out and crashed... His expression was priceless... Anyway he wants one.. any timeline on another run of stegos

the new domey ones are the best for FH rollers. kicked the beat FR out of the bag.

the domey ones are also pretty killer for short approaches. significantly more workable than the puddle top and flat ones.

Safe to say that the Stego has found a nice spot in my bag. After a handful of rounds it's been proven to be a pretty useful disc. I don't think I've thrown a standard backhand during a round, but the weird sidearm/overhand lines it can pull off to get me out of crap is awesome.

My favorite might just be when i'm in some honeysuckle and have just enough room to throw an overhand at about a 45 deg. release angle and watch it curl out, flatten, then just kind of glide in to the target area. I had a horrible lie like this at Idlewild 15 (old 9, short straight par 3 over a valley), hit an early tree and ended up left side about 100' out and 10-15' in the junk and darn near slammed the chains.

My advice to anyone thinking about buying one is to play around will all sorts of shot types, release angles, etc. You'll likely find something you like about it and will find shots it can pull off better than others.

Dave ran us a fresh batch of Stego yesterday!

We asked for a some swirl in this one and they delivered.

We are lining up stamp time and should have these ready for you all next week!

Now that's what I'd call swirly! Kinda puke green but swirly fo sho.

Dave ran us a fresh batch of Stego yesterday!

We asked for a some swirl in this one and they delivered.

We are lining up stamp time and should have these ready for you all next week!

Is it that awesome stamp? The hand drawn one? I wants me one soooo bad, can't convince the Mrs. to let me get one though.

Awesome! Almost aced with mine again today.

Got three birdies driving with it!

Latest posts