• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Recommend me a driver with just slightly less turn than the Avenger SS

bort

(and a regular old avenger is not what I'm looking for -- doesn't turn enough)

The best option if you are wanting something close in speed and glide would be the Discmania TD Rush. Usually converted to Innova numbers the Avenger SS is 10/5/-3/1 and the Rush is 10/5/-2/1. Go with a C or S line and it should have more hss than the Avenger SS but still be a disc that is easy to shape lines with for smaller arms or get long turnovers or rollers with if you have a big arm.

Get a Innova Beast. Champion,Pro,Star or DX.

I think it would pair nicely with a Avenger SS.

A Valkyrie is what you want. The TD and Beast are good suggestions, but the Valkyrie is more like an Avenger SS because it has the same rim dimensions (the Avenger SS is really a speed 9).

A Valkyrie is what you want. The TD and Beast are good suggestions, but the Valkyrie is more like an Avenger SS because it has the same rim dimensions (the Avenger SS is really a speed 9).

I threw the Avenger SS and it is much faster than a Valkyrie.I know it does feel the same,but it does not fly the same.

Valkyrie is a great disc...a truly great disc I might add,but the situation the OP is in, the Beast is the better suggestion.

I think the Beast is also a good suggestion, if you want something a tad longer.

Avenger SS thrown with slightly more hyzer? :p

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Other suggestions sound good.

I threw the Avenger SS and it is much faster than a Valkyrie.I know it does feel the same,but it does not fly the same.

Valkyrie is a great disc...a truly great disc I might add,but the situation the OP is in, the Beast is the better suggestion.

Well, I threw an Avenger SS for a good while, as well as a Beast and a Valkyrie. I feel like the Valkyrie is a much more similar disc, but I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

For what it's worth, my beat Z Avenger flies almost exactly like a Valkyrie now.

I still throw the Valk and Avenger SS, the Valk has slightly more turn at high speed than the Avenger SS and about the same fade, I think based on the numbers a Viking might be what you are looking for.

S-OLS, Amp (mine are nowhere nearly as flippy as an an SS), S-TD, or maybe a FR Shock.

Roadrunner is another good one. Not as fast, but it fills a similar role, but with more HSS in my experience.

I still throw the Valk and Avenger SS, the Valk has slightly more turn at high speed than the Avenger SS and about the same fade, I think based on the numbers a Viking might be what you are looking for.

It depends on the individual discs, but in general, I think the Valk is a less understable mold. One thing I should mention is that the OP should buy a Valk in the corresponding plastic in order to get the desired flight. For instance, if the OP has an ESP Avenger SS, they should get a Star Valkyrie.

Latest posts