• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing dye?

An UrgeTo Dance

Bogey Member
Is there any way to remove dye? I am mostly asking this because I want to use acetone to remove any leftover adhesive from the contact paper I am using. Also because on the first dye I did I had some slight bleeding.

Thanks
Urge

Okay thats good got some left over adhesive to clean up and the bleeding is not that bad, its hardly noticeable unless you are looking close

Nope not after its soaked in.

Not exactly true. If you use acetone to take off the adhesive you will pull up color, it won't disappear, but it will make your dye faded a lot faster, as well as possibly discoloring part of the dye because of this. Wait a day or two and use iso alcohol and a qtip or goo gone to get the sticky off.

yeah, don't use acetone to clean off the adhesive residue, unless you let the dye set in for a few days first. Even then, you might make some surface colors run a bit-Scarlett in particular is a troublemaker for me.

yeah, don't use acetone to clean off the adhesive residue, unless you let the dye set in for a few days first. Even then, you might make some surface colors run a bit-Scarlett in particular is a troublemaker for me.

oooo yea, red runs like a somebeach