• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Removing names and numbers

What is the best product to use to remove previous owners name and numbers without ruining the disc?

P.S. all my discs with previous owner's info have been bought from owner. no need for a debate about why i didn't return the discs to owner.

Yeah...I just traded discs with another DGCR'er and I don't know why some feel the need to put SO MUCH ink on the disc? I mean, your name and number on the inner rim still gets the job done (if they are gonna return it they will if the number is on the flight plate or inner rim)...why must some put their name everywhere on the disc. Looks crappy.

Acetone will work for DX discs, and it will fade it on star, champ, Pro. Sometimes it fades it alot, some times not at all. Ive never found anything to take it off better plastic 100% tho :|

Dry erase marker takes a lot of the sharpie off, just color over the sharpie a bunch of times with the dry erase, then wash it off with warm water and a little dish soap, it takes as much off as acetone for me, and it's easier.

DX is easy, even comes off with rubbing alcohol. Star is really tough, best I've don is fade it a bit. Acetone will remove most of the ink off of Champion plastic, but you will have to create a puddle on top of the ink and allow it to soak for 10-15 mins. It will leave a faint shadow. Make sure it stays wet, other wise it just spreads the ink out.

I asked the same thing not long ago. There is some good advice in that thread (especially the links to the other threads that Prerube looked up):

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9702

Be forewarned, longstanding ink on Star plastic doesn't come off with Acetone. I did't try Googone, but I did cover it up with a sharpie.

i was going to give him those links. search feature is a nice tool, but people have to use it.

I use a solvent called MEK on champ plastic and it gets rid of the marker completly.

is this available at walmart?
:D

was wondering if its easily available, i'd give it a shot
i dont think your gonna ever get out ink thats bled into plastic, but it bugs me having the weight written on a clear disc, evenmore so on xout where innova puts the x on top in pen ink, that pen is impossible to take off
as a side note, anyone know what kind of pen innova uses? i'd like to ink my info with such a pen, on the rim of course

is this available at walmart?
:D

was wondering if its easily available, i'd give it a shot
i dont think your gonna ever get out ink thats bled into plastic, but it bugs me having the weight written on a clear disc, evenmore so on xout where innova puts the x on top in pen ink, that pen is impossible to take off
as a side note, anyone know what kind of pen innova uses? i'd like to ink my info with such a pen, on the rim of course

No, I got it from a buddy that works at a chemical plant, along with a large selection of other solvents. It smells alot like pvc primer, only worse.

This is still the best stuff.
41DV4GK6SXL._SS400_.jpg

Be careful though, it will take the stock stamp off if you touch it.
If you do end up trying to remove the stamp, dab, dont swirl, swirling will make a mess of stamps, especially red ones.
No open flames, and wash your disc clean with warm water and a little dish soap afterwards.

Nothing will completely remove marker from Star plastic though. Star tends to continue to soak up inks and dyes as it ages. I am noticing some of my original dye jobs from as couple of years ago have leeched through the plate, and now are showing through the bottom of the disc, so I doubt you could completely remove permanent marker that has been left on without damaging the disc.