• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Replacement for a Hawk

I use to love the Hawk, but it just didn't have enough distance for what I wanted. I took a bit to find the replacement, but I found the Buzzz SS fit that need.

Lots of good advice. :thmbup: Thanks.

I've been looking at the suggested discs on the Inbounds Flight Chart. Not sure yet but I want to get to a disc store in person to feel some of the discs before I try them out.

I used to throw a hawk, they dont glide like a comet does. I can get comets out to 275 all day and up to 300ft with the right wind. Hawks dont go more than 215, great line but just die mid flight.

Latitude 64 gold line FUSE is my nomination! Sweet straight flying disc that is like a modern comet. The rim depth is more shallow on the fuse and is the reason that I prefer it. The fuse is also not as touchy as the comet. Hope it helps!

Theres no replacement for a hawk imo. I have a ghost stamp z thrown/signed by nate doss. Holds hyzer, goes perfectly straight, and holds anny. Less glide and speed than a lot of the popular mid ranges, fits the gap between putter and midrange. I personally think they can't be beat by other discs...you can definately find discs that will fit the slot, but not another hawk because of the lower speed, less glide, and ability to hold any line you put it on. And I'm talking of z hawks, not d...I'm sure that would come up. Lol

Again, thanks everybody for the help.

Kinda leaning towards a Comet. Especially because I have been really working on my mid-range/approach game and I have read numerous times that they can improve your game.

Latest posts