• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Request: 400ft+ Max D Videos!

They're accounting for the slope of the hill maybe? You could be right but I have no idea, never been. Either way, I don't think those tosses were much more than 400'

a'Takman'ed......I like it. Anyway, I'm just trying to help the OP get his video fix. What was his name? He hasn't chimed in for a while, I'd be frustrated too, he just wants to see some field work with a clearly marked distance grid showing 400+ foot throws. If I could throw that far I would do it.

Why don't you video yourself throwing 250 twice? Don't forget the cones and distance markers, maybe throw in a bikini babe holding the 500' sign.

Is your flight to Chicago uphill?

They're accounting for the slope of the hill maybe? You could be right but I have no idea, never been. Either way, I don't think those tosses were much more than 400'

I've only cracked 500 on a good day a couple of times, usually 450-480 is my max. I didn't have problems reaching where the top cones were on that hill and a couple times went past that mark so that's why I had to ask. I know I didn't throw 500. Elevation is tricky to judge.

lol...interesting comments. lol.. Thanks for all the videos so far, I think I've already seen most of them. Doesn't anyone do what I do, go out to a field, put markers at 100,200,300 and throw their bag to see how things are flying? I try to do this once a month. It's been an eye opening experience. Realizing you can throw your putter as far as your mid, etc, etc. But yah, I have witnessed the local and internet phenomenon of someone saying "I can throw 400ft+" and it turns out to not be entirely accurate. ;) So I'm on a quest to see a few bombs recorded with easily identifiable markers, etc. Very interested to see the flight path of these bombs as well. I tend to throw low and fairly flat, but most of the long bomb vids I've seen show a much higher throw on an anny, etc.

Thanks again for anyone considering taking the time to show off their true bomb distance with markers, etc. Maybe it's just easier to video a 400ft+ hole and video yourself parking the disc? ;)

Why don't you video yourself throwing 250 twice? Don't forget the cones and distance markers, maybe throw in a bikini babe holding the 500' sign.

Is your flight to Chicago uphill?

Well now you're being ridiculous.

lol...interesting comments. lol.. Thanks for all the videos so far, I think I've already seen most of them. Doesn't anyone do what I do, go out to a field, put markers at 100,200,300 and throw their bag to see how things are flying? I try to do this once a month. It's been an eye opening experience. Realizing you can throw your putter as far as your mid, etc, etc. But yah, I have witnessed the local and internet phenomenon of someone saying "I can throw 400ft+" and it turns out to not be entirely accurate. ;) So I'm on a quest to see a few bombs recorded with easily identifiable markers, etc. Very interested to see the flight path of these bombs as well. I tend to throw low and fairly flat, but most of the long bomb vids I've seen show a much higher throw on an anny, etc.

Thanks again for anyone considering taking the time to show off their true bomb distance with markers, etc. Maybe it's just easier to video a 400ft+ hole and video yourself parking the disc? ;)

Yeah great videos, I've already seen most of them too. I doubt many people do what you do for field work and you better believe its easier just to video a 400ft+ hole (or corn field) and park it.

Good luck with the quest DiscFifty, I've been challenged by joecoin to produce a video but I don't have the D. All I can do is continue to encourage the masses on attention to detail and reading comprehension.

I expected more vidoes here since 90% of the people on the internet throw 400+

Well that would be the only highlight of the entire video. Unless a 290 ft S-curve Wraith is considered impressive.

That would impress me, if I threw it.
Oh wait , a Wraith...hmmmm. Does that include the roller portion?

I have a small contribution to this thread ;)

Hitting the basket on my second shot on a 1000' hole.

I throw, the camera zooms in, zooms out, then zooms back in before it finally lands on the right side of the screen near the big tree trunk. Ridiculous hang time.

Throwing my putter just shy of 400'

Overhead view of my throwing motion, the first shot was with a putter and went at least 350' before it hit the roof

Throwing Cranks.

Various videos featuring 400-550' throws:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM83hwXspOE - Winthrop Holes 1-12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCUAZRHIWYA - Highlights from a LONG course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyjD4CQ1ses - Full round from that same course, just me though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDuInK9nO98 - DD Trespass Testing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=787h0S9-_yg - Eclipse Volt Testing, second hole was 440' or so, rest are all shorter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuY7gdhS0Q - Nice run qith a Quasar

Regarding measurements, I have specific holes on my frequently played courses I use to check my D, all holes I've verified with multiple methods (measuring wheel and google earth). I also have practice fields I've measured and marked off, but have not made a video with the markers yet. I like that idea though. Hopefully I keep it in mind next spring.

Last edited:
I have a small contribution to this thread ;)

Mike I don't think this counts. You don't have clearly labeled distance markers every 100'

I'm playing of course. Mike you're a beast. I love your videos because throw to throw you are incredibly consistent.

On a side note I think I will take the OP up on his challenge of making a video accurately showing distance drives. Although it will mostly be a pretty boring video because I would first have to film the entire process of placing the markers in order to ensure that no tom foolery was used. i.e. someone could put 100' markers every 60' and a 300' throw would appear to be 500'

I might be able to make something next week at a football field. I could use the lines in the track as a "tee." I think there is one line that is 270' from the 50yd line, 450' to the end of the other end zone. With how little I have played recently, and the cooler weather, I don't know if I have 450' in me right now, but 400' shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know that it would be worth it to ya though, Mike has shown you better things than just discs flying in a field, and his fly further than mine.

Latest posts