• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Request for Input - Putting Park at Haybro Redtail DGC

You could just answer a poll

• Great Concept!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • meh

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • What does this have to do with disc golf?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mmueller

Bogey Member
It's a nice touch for a course to have a practice basket such that you can practice putts without interfering with regular play on the course. Even nicer is 2 practice baskets so that a person can putt back and forth from one to another. Still, every practice setup that I have seen is nothing more than one or two boring baskets in a flat field with no obstacles or challenges common to regular play; meanwhile my course is a mountain course and practice baskets could never represent more than 0.01% of the variety of elevation, vegetation, and target orientation on it's 18 greens. Unless....

Introducing the work in progress Haybro Redtail DGC (see sig) Putting Park. ~2 acres of Redtail DGC terrain dedicated to putting only - no drivers permitted. 9 Dynamic Disc Marksmen baskets are strategically placed within the terrain to maximize putting challenges without a single tee-box. In general, the player or card can choose the next putting target from a range of choices available from each green (there's no congestion at Redtail to worry about atm). A person could feasibly spend 2 10 hour days putting in the park and never be forced to play the same line twice. It's all still very experimental and we'll likely have some predefined routes for people who need that. We are very interested in input from the DG community on this, such as:

1. Has anyone come across anything like this?
  2. Have others found that beginners are most discouraged by the drive and most encouraged with putting? Can a putting park make the sport more appealing to new players?
  3. What are people's thoughts about the whole concept of a putting park?
  4. What is wrong with and how can we improve on this concept?
  5. Would a putting park be an attractive element of a DGC for you?
  6. Would your kids and partner be satisfied tromping around in the putting park while you played a more professional round on the course?

e9YPh0LK4PC8takLNzal8Yfbnf64VdBnaVZqj3m0MaG6QTsuejg9JEOq4lKj03GRNvi2KWooyYhXYEDxTuBvRJzjxa2iSTjawUC8CSl8-XrDC24F-AkQ8HxETXRLnlEF0-MLJIEU1OkAdF8EogCVpZTBUP3NsV4QmsuZeYWa_AqOfjH9pL7Pkk7QQBkgm54_-gR0pR6Ek-OYWL9oQtK5aKiusREcOe-zmvr7YKZ4reKGbTIgMV57sAIs9pyY8DejABiI_cJUVWH9Fx_V_laWkYecRV2MZ6dsCSViSl0CRZCPX20GSzRLnAhqmL13S-WospzHIBKmq-zEN5Oxnhcb4k2yh_NvZBEXOPV9dAqknQNfLUgTGRqjUwGgpSlf0jChQitQ1rf0_lXcKrSZxZlC4QKZVzIFZhMynUDaVJyiptMNHTBcl9SmklpSkimG-mqqaqyT7FSdFZMgVRHVYv9ZHaRaRNP4NV6nCBrHly8PdAdz7ayDSe_vAU9bP075zlGGyl723rKoBp_LEgxrbxM5iIpN9QwKFLH4wCgIuMZPUdt1l5xjnz4dJVZqZSbvvovUB_xCBYZFq5zv94K9tkkZwOiDYV12ubmK7eWckEI_dsVjqm-ltXMj=w789-h823-no

Oh, and
7) Do you see this as an appealing way to work on your putting game?

Without knowing more and seeing the layout, I'll say I like the idea of a putting/approach course for experienced players that can also function as a full course for kids and beginners.

The Little Bear course at Farragut State Park in Idaho comes to mind.

Realistically speaking, putting practice for anything more than 15 minutes at a time is pretty rough on my back because you're spending a good amount of time bending over to pickup the missed ones.

The idea is "unique" but a dedicated site for this would not garner much use IMO......... but I'm old and have been playing for 30+ years, what do I know.

Last edited: