• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Retro Plastic Disc Sets

The mid 80s was a great time. Disc Golf had just come all the way up to Latitude 64 and we played all through the night in the midnight sun. Translucent discs were far from being invented and all discs were understable with today's standards. We remember those days with nostalgic feelings and wanted a plastic that would remind us of how it used to be. For a long time we have had requests that we should make discs that could be broken in more easily. Test after test after test led us to this new plastic blend that we have named Retro.
So this means it is not as durable as Zero line? What actually is it?

I never had any grip issues with any Latitude plastic in any conditions. I cannot hold on to Star plastic when wet though...

So this means it is not as durable as Zero line? What actually is it?

I never had any grip issues with any Latitude plastic in any conditions. I cannot hold on to Star plastic when wet though...

I am in agreement, although some opto is grippier/tackier than others. Champion and elite Z are much worse than Star in that regard.

A bump for new plastic on the way.

I just ordered a Claymore and Mercy to test out. The putter I probably wont use (but I needed one for my Mercy addiction) because I have transitioned into the Zero Medium from Zero Hard for my "all around putter" plastic of choice.

I am going to assume that the Retro is hard and firm? Guess I will find out on Monday. :thmbup:.

Last edited:
The Claymore I got is just awesome. Yeah, it is pretty hard/firm, but it has nice grip.

I've dished out some punishment to these discs, mainly the Claymore, and they haven't gouged, dented, or cut, or any of the usual wear and tear of baseline plastic. It bruises, like fruit.

They fly a little understable, but have great glide.

Really an outstanding value at 25 for the pack of 3.

Having just lost a rgl Diamond, I replaced it with a Retro Diamond, which arrived in the mail today.

Looking forward to throwing it tomorrow.

Got my Retro discs in this past Monday. The plastic is firm but not overly hard/stiff and has a nice tacky feel to it. The Retro Claymore is a board flat-top compared to my First run Opto. The Opto I have been bagging has a very slight rise ( not pop top or a dome though ) in the flight plate from shoulder to shoulder and is pretty stable. The Retro is stable with fade as well, I hope to beat it into a straight finisher as it wears.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 19
Threw the Diamond a fair amount the last two days. 150g. I'm loving Retro more and more, great grip, and the glide is phenomenal. I'm flicking this thing backhand on a slight hyzer, and it just floats out there as far as some discs I'm putting more rip into. I also picked up a Truth in the same material, and boy I can see the cycling potential with it.

Got to throw my Retro Claymore some the other evening and on the course today. I love the grip/feel of this plastic but I see the durability below where DX is and WAY better than Discrafts Pro-D. This stuff deforms awful fast from any contact it sees. Even with a nice blunt edge the plastic will roll over with the slightest of impact. After one tree hit I had a rolled over edge and a little "boob" on the flight plate (ala-Electron plastic) and the hit came late at the end of a longer throw.

I could see this being a better putter material than a mid/driver use.

I know people like to cycle plastic and all but at the rate this "wears" or will wear out. I would rather just have Opto or GL plastic for my Claymore ( for my stable mid ) and continue to bag my Z Comet for the understable mid slot.

Well I gave in and put my Retro Mercy into the chains...and it is now my go-to, inside the circle putter in my bag. The plastic beats in nice and feels just right. I had been on the Zero medium plan for a while and was looking to go back to the Zero hard where I first started with the Mercy. The Retro is firm with a good feel/texture to it and it can interchange easily with the Zero Hard. I have another purple one on the way for a backup.

Just DO NOT throw it into something hard or you will be sad. The plastic smashes/warps easily and when it does the flight plate warps as well. Kinda like the "boob" incidents with the soft MVP Atoms. The Retro is LESS durable than DX imo, and wont reshape like DX will after an impact.

Well I gave in and put my Retro Mercy into the chains...and it is now my go-to, inside the circle putter in my bag. The plastic beats in nice and feels just right. I had been on the Zero medium plan for a while and was looking to go back to the Zero hard where I first started with the Mercy. The Retro is firm with a good feel/texture to it and it can interchange easily with the Zero Hard. I have another purple one on the way for a backup.

Just DO NOT throw it into something hard or you will be sad. The plastic smashes/warps easily and when it does the flight plate warps as well. Kinda like the "boob" incidents with the soft MVP Atoms. The Retro is LESS durable than DX imo, and wont reshape like DX will after an impact.

well this is not what i wanted to hear. Just saw on facebook the release of the Saint and a couple others in Retro plastic. I had plans to buy a few saints and a few claymores. not im not sure.

Drivers in retro is just bad. I got a fury- hit one tree about 200 ft out- wasn't super hard either, and rim was warped beyond repair.

For putting- go for it.