• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revo Dual Pack Vs. Grip EQ Bag

Revo Or Grip

• Total voters

burt5885

Birdie Member
Im looking to get one of these backpack style bags here soon and im not sure which one. Has anyone had experience with both? Pros? Cons? Thanks

Ive put both on and to me the grip is way lighter and fits way better to your back. Also the grip just has a more unique look to it whereas the revo just looks like an oversized backpack that you put discs into. The only upside to the revo is that it holds more discs. But unless you need more than 26 discs, GO WITH THE GRIP!!

Had a Dualpack and am on the pre-order list for a Grip (through DD not Grip). I could not STAND the Dualpack. The straps are to thin imo. The opening to the discs is waaaaay to small, any more than 15 discs it's a battle to get them out. On top of that (no pun intended). The upper pouch droops down onto the disc compartment, making disc removal even more of a pain! Even after puting a plexi glass plate ontop of the internal frame. The top still drooped over the disc space. It was a real pain in the a$$. No H20 holders, just mesh pockets that work OK.
So, very, very, very poor design, BUT very, very well made. Almost makes me wonder if this guy ever threw a disc?
Don't have my Grip bag, but it sounds like a complete flip on the above comment. I've heard of some issues with stitching coming out in a particular area with the Grip bag, but I hear it's a fantastic design. Can't wait too get mine. Just hope the 2nd round solved the tearing problem?
Also there is an Ogio disc golf bag out there. Check out DiscgolfersRus and look for the thread. I think it's in the Grip bag post. Just a thought?

Ive put both on and to me the grip is way lighter and fits way better to your back. Also the grip just has a more unique look to it whereas the revo just looks like an oversized backpack that you put discs into. The only upside to the revo is that it holds more discs. But unless you need more than 26 discs, GO WITH THE GRIP!!
It will only hold more discs if you use the top pouch and the zippered front to store more discs. The true disc compartment can fit maybe 15 to 17 at best. Above 15, it's a pain! I tried to store some up top, but it just made it even harder to get the discs out from the bottom. God I hated that bag!

I certainly won't talk trash about the Dual Pack, it's a great bag, honest.

But I am really loving my Grip EG bag. Justin has really gone all out designing this thing, and it's really pretty amazing, and hard to understand just how awesome this bag is until it's in your room and you're stuffing discs in it.

I know somebody was talking crap about the Grip EQ bag saying they had to take out discs to put in a hoodie...they are an idiot.

I put 3 pairs of wind pants, a wind breaker, 2 t-shirts, winter gloves, 2 winter hats, and a hand towel in the side bags just because that's what I had laying around when my bag came in...and I'm 6'3" 315...I'm sure MOST people had hoodies a LOT smaller than THREE PAIRS or my PANTS.

If you don't carry more than like 17 mids and drivers...you'll never need more than the Grip EQ bag...granted you could toss extra mids and drivers in the extra putter spots too if you needed to.

Like I said, Dual Packs are great and all...but I never felt the NEED to buy one...I probably would have waited for a sale on a weird colored one sometime and grabbed one if the Grip EQ hadn't come out...but it did, and I'm not regretting my choice. If you have any specific questions send me a PM and I'll let you know.

\/\/

I'd like to see the alleged new design Revo that is coming out
the Grip would require Revo to significantly up their game from a design perspective

I love my grip. Very comfortable even carrying it all the time loaded down. Storage is fine as long as you don't need to pack your tampons and other feminine products. The warranty is also a big plus.

I'd like to see the alleged new design Revo that is coming out
the Grip would require Revo to significantly up their game from a design perspective

Is this just a rumor? I haven't seen any real information about it.

Is this just a rumor? I haven't seen any real information about it.

dave @ revolution told me there was one in the works but they are still tinkering with the design. no mention of a release date or what it looks like. he just said there were things they loved about it and things that they still needed to adjust.

The only upside to the revo is that it holds more discs. But unless you need more than 26 discs, GO WITH THE GRIP!![/QUOTE]

I saw someone with with a grip bag that owns a disc golf shop and he had wayyyy more than 26 discs in the Grip. I am not sure but it was well over 35 discs in all the little spots. :thmbup:

Last edited:
I bought the dual strictly for tournaments. I need to have that big upper compartment for extras when traveling. The grip's design seems nice tho, I just needed more room for away tourneys. As before I'd have to bring an "extra" bag for all my shtuff, plus my discs, so this way i can have one bag for everything....

My fade crunch bag does everything else :)

I certainly won't talk trash about the Dual Pack, it's a great bag, honest.

But I am really loving my Grip EG bag. Justin has really gone all out designing this thing, and it's really pretty amazing, and hard to understand just how awesome this bag is until it's in your room and you're stuffing discs in it.

I know somebody was talking crap about the Grip EQ bag saying they had to take out discs to put in a hoodie...they are an idiot.

I put 3 pairs of wind pants, a wind breaker, 2 t-shirts, winter gloves, 2 winter hats, and a hand towel in the side bags just because that's what I had laying around when my bag came in...and I'm 6'3" 315...I'm sure MOST people had hoodies a LOT smaller than THREE PAIRS or my PANTS.

If you don't carry more than like 17 mids and drivers...you'll never need more than the Grip EQ bag...granted you could toss extra mids and drivers in the extra putter spots too if you needed to.

Like I said, Dual Packs are great and all...but I never felt the NEED to buy one...I probably would have waited for a sale on a weird colored one sometime and grabbed one if the Grip EQ hadn't come out...but it did, and I'm not regretting my choice. If you have any specific questions send me a PM and I'll let you know.

\/\/
OK, It's a great bag, but you baught a Grip? and you would buy it if it was on sale? but it's already cheaper than the Grip? Have you at least tried to play a few rounds with one? As I said, the quality is top notch, heck, the best I've ever seen in a bag. However, the design is one of the worst I've ever had.
That bag was sold after less than five rounds.

I saw someone with with a grip bag that owns a disc golf shop and he had wayyyy more than 26 discs in the Grip. I am not sure but it was well over 35 discs in all the little spots. :thmbup:

That's odd, mine maxes out at about 24-25 (and that is using the mesh pocket which I would never do in a real round).

Don't have any experience with either of the backpack models but all the Revolution gear is built like a tank. I've heard a few folks complain of the layout of the dualpack so if you're in a hurry you may want the Grip but if you can wait for the re-design the Revo will be the last bag you'll ever buy.

best value is the dual pack lite!

what are the prices of all the back packs too? retail?

dual pack
dual pack lite
grip
mahal

I don't know much about either of these other then my buddies have the Revo bag and it is hard to get discs out the bottom but it is made very well. I know if I had the money I would spend it on the Mahal. That bag is well made by a back packing company, many features, life time warranty, and you have enough room for your whole closet.

I don't know much about either of these other then my buddies have the Revo bag and it is hard to get discs out the bottom but it is made very well. I know if I had the money I would spend it on the Mahal. That bag is well made by a back packing company, many features, life time warranty, and you have enough room for your whole closet.

The thing I don't like about the Mahal is that the space above the discs is useless. I'd rather have that space available, instead of the sides just being bigger. Seems like a waste of real-estate...pretty sick bag tho...

I'm just glad some, or a lot of bag companies are veering away from the "box" like bag, to a more backpack style. Much more comfortable and makes way more sense...

I just got a revo backpack ,Im really diggin it! has lots of storage .holds my jacket and extra towels when needed,gettiing the disc out of the bottom no big deal. very well built. got it from a guy who didnt like it.got a great deal on it.

Latest posts