• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

REVOLUTION CLUB Bag?

Pastime

Bogey Member
I'm currently looking for a new bag to upgrade from my Innova starter bag and I want something that will last I've heard good things about Revolution bags and saw the Club. I'm curious if anyone has one and how they like it, and if they wished they would of gone with one of the bigger bags like the Pro or Carolina.

I can't speak for the larger bags but I have had a mini for a few years now and it's still in great shape. No rips or any real signs of wear-and-tear and it has enough room for the discs I carry and my keys/phone, etc. as well as one drink. I've been tempted to upgrade a few times simply because I wanted a new bag but common sense prevailed and I stuck with the mini since I don't really need a new bag or the extra capacity.

The larger bags (Club/Carolina) are made of even more durable material so they'll be that much better. Moral of the story: you really can't go wrong with any of the Revolution bags and they will last a long time. Long enough that you'll probably get sick of it and get a new one just to change it up :)

The real question might be how many discs do you want to carry? Do you think you'll carry more in the future?

Another brand to consider is the gorilla boy bags, I've heard good things about those as well.

Another brand to consider is the gorilla boy bags, I've heard good things about those as well.

Yeah I am going to be ordering a Gorilla Boy bag in a few weeks. I have heard great things about them as well. I narrowed my choices to either Gorilla Boy or Revolution and ultimately decided to go with Gorilla Boy. They seem to be just as good of quality (I think they are made of the exact same material) as the Revolution bags and they have some options that are cheaper than any of the Revolution bags so that is a plus. The website is http://www.gorilla-boy.com/ if you want to check them out.

You might also want to also consider the Revolution Mini Deluxe. It has a few more features like duel drink bottle holders and a zipper pocket on the front. The back is padded, with 1/2 inch foam. It also has a pencil pocket on the left side near the bottle holder and the truck vinyl is on the bottom. It is going to sell for 65.00 (same as the club). I think it might hold 2 discs less.
2610503285_20545b897d_o.jpg

Last edited:
You might also want to also consider the Revolution Mini Deluxe. It has a few more features like duel drink bottle holders and a zipper pocket on the front. The back is padded, with 1/2 inch foam. It also has a pencil pocket on the left side near the bottle holder and the truck vinyl is on the bottom. It is going to sell for 65.00 (same as the club). I think it might hold 2 discs less.

It's your fault if I buy this :D Also, any idea when it comes out?

I was told it was in distribution and the first batch will be in in the next two weeks. I think they may sell the purple prototype now but I am not sure.

The first batch will be in Charcoal/Black, Universal Camo/Black, Snow/Black, and Red/Black.

I'm thinking I'm going to be out $65 in a couple of weeks. I just checked their site but no mention of the deluxe was there.

I have been checking the site as well. I was told last Monday it would be ready in 3 weeks. That would be two weeks today. I told Revo I would call back in two (one week from today) just to check the status.

Here is the contact info.
David Henrickson, Creative Director
[email protected]
TEL: 540-428-2901

I have the Revolution Club bag and really like it...I had an Innova bag before and it literally fell apart.
The only thing I wish they had on this bag is a small zippered pocket...there is a small pocket on one of the ends but it's open at the top.

I travel all over with this bag and it has held up very well...I would recommend it highly.

Thank you for your opinions and suggestions! I might wait and see what the official details on the dlx mini are before I put money down, but I know I'm getting a rev bag.

Yeah I am going to be ordering a Gorilla Boy bag in a few weeks. I have heard great things about them as well. I narrowed my choices to either Gorilla Boy or Revolution and ultimately decided to go with Gorilla Boy. They seem to be just as good of quality (I think they are made of the exact same material) as the Revolution bags and they have some options that are cheaper than any of the Revolution bags so that is a plus. The website is http://www.gorilla-boy.com/ if you want to check them out.

Actually all Gorilla Boy Bags are made out of 1000d Cordura you would have to get a Carolina bag, for $134 shipped, to get a bag made with similar strength material. A starting GBDS bag will cost you $45 shipped.

The Deluxe Mini looks like a take on the Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey if you ask me.
squirrel.jpg

Either way Revo and GBDS make great bags, I prefer the GBDS bags because they don't look like every other golfers on the course. Although more and more people around here are switching from their revo bags to GBDS bags.

I'm very tempted by the Mini Deluxe.. it is taking a lot of will power not to pull the trigger.

It has two putter pockets, one on each side of the bag.

oh man.... i think two of us are tempted now! I needa get up to Rochester and play some of those courses in order to increase my chances of an ace, Emerson Park has been showing no mercy (seems only possible on 2 holes) thinking #8 on Chili is more doable and I've gotten close on #4 at MCC too.

I'm still waiting for the enough money to get my next bag but now I'm thinking of getting the Pro instead of the Club but, does the Rev Pro have 1 or 2 putter pockets?

I'm still waiting for the enough money to get my next bag but now I'm thinking of getting the Pro instead of the Club but, does the Rev Pro have 1 or 2 putter pockets?

It has 1 putter pocket. The only real difference between the Club and the pro is the material they are made out of and the 2nd drink holder.

My one complaint with my Revo bag was always the drink holder. You'd think they'd do something better then a strap across the bottom of the drink holder. Small bottles always had a tendency to fall out.

My GBDS bag on the other hand has insulated drink holders that keep my frozen H2O bottles cold enough to have ice in them at the end of my round

I'm currently looking for a new bag to upgrade from my Innova starter bag and I want something that will last I've heard good things about Revolution bags and saw the Club. I'm curious if anyone has one and how they like it, and if they wished they would of gone with one of the bigger bags like the Pro or Carolina.

If you haven't yet done so, make sure to check out Disc Golf Review, in the bags section, for things to consider before buying a bag.

i have the new revolution mini. and i love it!
its durable and can hold about 11 discs counting the putter.
if you want to push it you can put two putters in the front pocket or 11-12 discs in the main compartment. but i love this bag

Latest posts