• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Deluxe Mini Bag questions...

Arocep

Birdie Member
I'm toying with the idea of selling my Carolina and slimming down to a mini deluxe, now that i only carry 10-12 discs. any owners care to share what they think about the bag? I'm most curious about the putter pocket, it looks like its on the side and i just wanted to see if the putter gets squished by the drink in the drink holder. thanks fellas.

pics are welcomed!

^^^ been curious about this mag myself.. had a carolina.. using a dual pack now but only have 13-15 discs in it so really dont need all the room lol.. its nice to have tho

The putter won't get squished. Kind of the opposite actually. My biggest beef in using the Revo Deluxe is that a full drink holder kind of sags to the side unless you have one or two putters jammed in there for support. If you carry a lot of stuff in the side pockets and the putter pocket then it's not too noticeable. But you'll be favoring the other side's drink holder.

Putter doesn't get squished.
If there's something bulky in the bottom of the cargo pocket you may need to push it aside to get the putter in all the way. It helps to turn your putter into the pocket (tip learned here). It can also pop pens out of the pen slot when you pull your putter.
I have 9 discs in the main compartment, I'd say 10 is max.

That being said ...
Its the perfect bag for me. 2 drink holders, 2 cargo pockets and room for up to 12 discs. Compact and it doesn't tip over. It seems to be holding up very well and I play in pretty rocky terrain.

I only carry about 12-14 discs, but I'm upgrading my crunch box to an Innova comp bag. I don't plan to fill it with more discs, but I feel I could use some extra room for a jacket, extra water, snacks, etc. Just saying that having a bigger bag isn't all bad.

I only carry about 12-14 discs, but I'm upgrading my crunch box to an Innova comp bag. I don't plan to fill it with more discs, but I feel I could use some extra room for a jacket, extra water, snacks, etc. Just saying that having a bigger bag isn't all bad.

i def agree, my carolina is just more then i need. such a nice bag though. will be tough to see it go but will pay for a new deluxe mini. carolina will be up for sale tonight! thanks all for the input, much appreciated. :hfive:

i had a mini deluxe until i moved up to a carolina. i loved everything about my mini except the putter pockets until i stopped putting putters in the pockets and started using the pockets for drivers. getting the putters in and out of the side pockets never felt smooth to me and were easier to grab out of the main pocket. other than that it's a great bag.

i often regret selling my mini. :doh:

Not to divert you away from a smaller bag but do you play in alot of tournaments? I tried slimming down to a Spider Monkey and it was great for casual rounds but when it came to tournaments the lack of space realy hurt. With a small bag i wasnt able to carry the extra towels and things that I like to have during a tournamnet. I bumped up to a Silverback but still only carry twelve discs in the main and two in the putter pouch. That way I have room for extra towels and a windbreaker.

i play an occasional tournament 5-8 a year. Carolina def rocked for those, but they do get heavy with all that stuff in them. I'm not really a competitive disc'er so most of my rounds are casual/with my buddies.

i looked into the crunch bags too but after owning a revolution i don't think i could switch, the quality of my carolina is outstanding.

the mini deluxe is great. i have zero complaints about it. i actually really like the putter pockets, just wish it wasnt so tight. sometimes stuff in the side pocket will cause a tight fit in the putter pocket. i used to carry around 15 discs in it and was fine, but had no room for anything else. good luck

Have you looked into a Voodoo Mojo bag? I think they look great and well built. Slightly cheaper too.

Its a great bag all around. Revo quality is great but I HATE the putter pockets. They are just a little too tight and a hassle to get discs in and out sometimes. I did have a putter get bent in the pocket one time. Brand new putter. Must of just been the way the discs and extras were sitting in the bag but I pulled it out and the corner of the flight plate and rim were bent down. I put drivers in there after that. It also seemed like it was a little too big for casual rounds and not big enough for tourneys. The 2 water bottle pockets are a great feature though and it is roomy for extras. I just use a double nutsac for casual

The mini deluxe is essentially the same as the older "pro" bag, but about half as wide. They should bring that bag back.

I have been useing a Revolution Deluxe Mini for a couple of years and I love it. Getting ready to buy a second one. I carry 4 rhynos in the zipper side pockets and it works just fine.I carry 19 disc and it is much lighter than the Carolina bag.My son has one and it seems much heavier than mine and he only carries about 22 disc.Its also more manuverable going through the woods in tight places. Check them out,I think you will like them.

I've enjoyed my mini since I got it a couple years ago. I put mostly seldom-used discs in the side pockets and the bulk of my (few) discs in the main compartment. Only complaint about the bag - and this goes for other Revo bags as well - is the crummy drink holders. Smallish containers will fall out. There needs to be more than the single bit of strap across the bottom, maybe an X or a piece of mesh. I slip a mini in there and that holds things in well enough, but after making bags for so long, this should have been corrected by Dave. All in all, a fine bag company.

How do these compare in overall size to a fade crunch. Thinking about getting one for lighter duty rounds. Pics side by side would be great. It's the only small bag I've found that has two drink holders and extra storage besides the GB Spider Monkey. I'm hoping its the same size or smaller footprint than the fade. Thanks