• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH max 280ft - 1 month of experience

CJMoody

Hi, this is my first post on DGCR and I'm really looking for feedback on my form to get me throwing 300ft+ on a consistent basis. Many throws go from the 230-280ft range from the tee. I had one throw break 350 and a few that have been in the 280-300ft range. I currently throw only midrange (buzz and roc3) and a fairway driver (leopard). I started a month ago and have seen tremendous improvement since I took the "disc down" advice, but I am worried that my form has MANY flaws and I am hoping some of you can call those out and give me some next steps, drills, or pointers to improve my form. I'll attach a youtube video for reference. Appreciate any and all feedback!

https://youtu.be/qncfapUDz5Q

Thanks,
Cam

1. You are leaning way back in the x-step. I would work from a standing position before adding steps.

2. You are hugging yourself/rounding. You barely bend your elbow/hug the disc.

This video was shared recently and I think it is pretty good on the stand still.

I wish I had stayed with the stand still a lot longer. I developed a lot of bad habits that resulted in some minor nagging injuries/pain that I think were primarily caused by form issues and strong arming all to gain a few feet.

1. You are leaning way back in the x-step. I would work from a standing position before adding steps.

2. You are hugging yourself/rounding. You barely bend your elbow/hug the disc.

Question about this video; what is he doing differently between the two styles? Unsure what he means about using the "weight of his arm, out HERE now".

Question about this video; what is he doing differently between the two styles? Unsure what he means about using the "weight of his arm, out HERE now".
1. Left pec power pocket

2. Right pec power pocket.

I hate to spoil the fun, but it takes a long time (maybe longer) to get the feel of a disc golf throw. Throw lots of discs every day. DO all the drills. Throw more. Watch videos of yourself, do drills, throw more. You'll get it!

Nothing wrong with getting help to accelerate your growth!
I think it would be helpful for you to take a smaller step with your left foot. That's the point you're really starting to lean away from the target. Which you already heard from Sidewinder is a no no, but will probably pop up from time to time as your throw progresses.

Also, you will need to turn your shoulders back to get the disc behind you rather than tightly reaching the arm across your chest. Get your back facing the target more in the backswing.

Last edited:
Your are coming forward a little too early. Really focus on continuing to extend the disc out the until the heel is planted. As other said, more shoulder turn, big time. Try to get your rear shoulder further back, as in closer to the target, at plant/max extension. Elephant walk drills should help.

I'd also say maybe so think about getting your rear foot deweighted just slightly earlier. It's close, but if you commit to getting off of it as you drop into the plant it'll help you commit to the plant more.