• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rhyno

JKP21

* Ace Member *
what other putters off the same stability, fade as the rhyno?

I'd say that the soft magnet and probably banger GT would be similar, but certainly not from a feel perspective.

Neither of those are as stable as a Rhyno. I like me some stable putters, so I putt with Rhynos. I don't know of anything else that will fly the same. I've been trying a Wizard (cause they're the best putter ever, haven't you heard? :roll: ), and it feels really understable compared to a Rhyno. I can't do it.

I have to ask though, why are you looking for something that will fly the same as a Rhyno? How about a Rhyno? They do feel different in different plastics. I mainly use Pro (the stiffer ones, not floppy), but also occasionally use a Dx or a Champ.

dankev said:
Neither of those are as stable as a Rhyno. I like me some stable putters, so I putt with Rhynos. I don't know of anything else that will fly the same. I've been trying a Wizard (cause they're the best putterever, haven't you heard? :roll: ), and it feels really understable compared to a Rhyno. I can't do it.

I have to ask though, why are you looking for something that will fly the same as a Rhyno? How about a Rhyno? They do feel different in different plastics. I mainly use Pro (the stiffer ones, not floppy), but also occasionally use a Dx or a Champ.

Looking for a different feel with same flight.. I have a Star Rhyno, softer.. all my misses go to the right of the basket.. as if im releasing late..or maybe just turning my wrist over.. I use a wizard withing 30..unless windy. Rhyno for approaches

The rhyno is stability 0, so is the soft magnet. The banger GT is 1.0. The rhyno has a 3 fade, the aviar has a 0 stability with a 1 fade.

It's a shame that the manufacturers can't all agree on the same stability scale. If you're going right with the Rhyno on approaches, I'd guess that you're just getting a late release or turning the wrist a little.

I like the magic for a straight approach or a warlock (more overstable). It's under the wizard though. You could also just buy a batch of 5 wizards and beat the hell out of them until they fly straight and then use them :) I'd recommend the glow wizards as they have a great feel to them.

The soft magnet has a great straight flat flight. It'll hold what you put on it though, so if you roll the wrist at all, it'll show you.

If you like the rhyno, I'd say see if it's a form issue first. Then proceed from there.

Which Rhynos are you asking about? The DX, Star, and Champ ones are overstable pigs. However the soft/proline ones are quite different, and in my opinion are much more useful as putters. Not nearly as overstable. More along the lines of a Challenger, although not quite the same flight path.

Lat64 Sinus APs are nice and overstable. You can drive them a long way, too. They are about the depth of an XD or Classic Roc, if that sort of feel floats your boat.

possibly a classic roc? I always considered these mids (probably due to the "roc" name) but they are technically a putt & approach. I've been practicing my putting with them and they're not bad... a little overstable and actually really comfy to hold because they aren't very deep.

mzuleger said:
possibly a classic roc? I always considered these mids (probably due to the "roc" name) but they are technically a putt & approach. I've been practicing my putting with them and they're not bad... a little overstable and actually really comfy to hold because they aren't very deep.

yeah I am going to disagree with this. Classic rocs are straight out of the bag. There is really no putter like the Rhyno on the market. The closest I would say is the Bulldog but that is OOP

masterbeato said:
rhyno's have no glide

Which is probably what makes them so predictable. You don't get those unexpected flips or unnecessary float out of your putter. I've yet to find a better putter. The champion rhyno is every bit as good as the pro.

twmccoy said:
masterbeato said:
rhyno's have no glide

Which is probably what makes them so predictable. You don't get those unexpected flips or unnecessary float out of your putter. I've yet to find a better putter. The champion rhyno is every bit as good as the pro.

Yes they are very predictable, my first discs I started throwing with was a beat up 167g white DX Rhyno.

the thing you I would have to do is give them much more height so I can play the drop they have. I know of a lot of players that love them to death and use them and they are very good player none the less. I was not dissing your taste in putters at all.

Frank_Delicious said:
mzuleger said:

yeah I am going to disagree with this. Classic rocs are straight out of the bag. There is really no putter like the Rhyno on the market. The closest I would say is the Bulldog but that is OOP
the Zone is kinda close to a Rhyno

masterbeato said:
rhyno's have no glide
I can't throw Rhyno's off the tee because of this, and since I use the same disc for short drives/approaches/putting I've never spend much time with the Rhyno. If I was going to abandon the minimalist way, I'd totally find a place in my bag for this disc. It's super predictable and you don't have to worry about blow-by's.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/propig.html

The pig is probably the closest disc to the rhyno. The pig is rated speed 3, glide 1, turn 0, fade 3. The rhyno is rated speed 2, glide 1, turn 0, fade 3. So the only real difference (according to innova atleast) is that is pig is a little faster. They both have the thumbtrac, so I imagine they're about exactly the same thing.

I had no idea they only made pro pigs. That's really odd, I'm think if they only offered it in one plastic it would be dx. Weird huh?

I can get more D with a rhyno than I could with a pig. a pig does not have any distance to it at all, the farthest I go with it is about 300' MAX.

I can at least throw a rhyno as far as KC Aviars.

masterbeato said:
a pig does not have any distance to it at all, the farthest I go with it is about 300' MAX.
I mean this in the kindest, most respectful way...but SHUT UP! "Does not have any distance to it at all" and "300 ft." do not belong in the same sentence!

I believe the Pig is very close as is Discraft's Zone. Champion Classic Rocs are almost as high speed stable but have a better glide and less low speed fade. It's really difficult to get distance out of the Pig but every once in a while when you hit a low s-shot it's possible. But I still max out at around 260' with it. Anyway, if you don't like the feel of the Rhyno the Pig won't be much better. You should give the Zone a try.