• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridge Roller Bag?

Sgraham602

Anyone out there pre-order a Ridge Roller bag? I was all set to buy a Grip BX, but am now holding off. I like the looks of the RR and it looks like the pockets have the ability to store either extra discs OR gear...which I like. I was not contemplating a bag with a built in seat and am wondering how much the Grip bags weight. Will I need a built in seat considering the RR is probably much heavier at 6lbs empty? I also like the cart they have...which looks to be simpler than the Zuca. Anyone have a chance to use one? or have gone ahead and ordered? I work for a company that manufactures equipment...so I know the 'woes' of being the first one to buy a new product!

Interested in some more info on this as well. Tough to pull the trigger at 245 dollars without any reviews. But it looks like everything I would want in a bag.

I preordered....wanted cart/bag option...figured I was spending 450 on a delta I might as well get a bag option...I'm really excited about the ridge roller combo....I have the roller right now and it is a tank

I preordered....wanted cart/bag option...figured I was spending 450 on a delta I might as well get a bag option...I'm really excited about the ridge roller combo....I have the roller right now and it is a tank
Awesome thank you!! Putter caddys will be here Tuesday I just received tracking and the backpacks are not far behind!! Excited here at RRC!!
The backpacks are top of the line quality buy with confidence guys. Thanks again Rollout!

I did end up pre-ordering the bag. Hopefully the extra weight won't be too noticeable. The positives and features were just too good to pass up, I think this will be perfect for tournaments. I will definitely be posting a review (initial and longer follow up) when I get the bag.

Interested in the cart, but I can't bring myself to justify a cart yet. It's a lot of money, and I don't have any issues with carrying as of yet. Unfortunately, i will probably take an injury of sorts for me to change my mind because I'm stubborn like that.

I did end up pre-ordering the bag. Hopefully the extra weight won't be too noticeable. The positives and features were just too good to pass up, I think this will be perfect for tournaments. I will definitely be posting a review (initial and longer follow up) when I get the bag.

Interested in the cart, but I can't bring myself to justify a cart yet. It's a lot of money, and I don't have any issues with carrying as of yet. Unfortunately, i will probably take an injury of sorts for me to change my mind because I'm stubborn like that.

Thank you so much!!! Just got word the backpacks should be in the warehouse Friday then off to Wisconsin to RRC!!
The weight will Not be much of a factor most of the competitors bags are around the 4-5 pound mark and figure if you carry a stool it's right there at the same weight. We had the Ridge lighter but went with a few beefed up materials and that added a bit more weight. Just wait till you fell the bottom of the Ridge it's the best material you can get and it's dam close to being indestructible!! Anyway thanks again and can't wait for the your review. Joe

I bought a Vertex Angler Backpack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1LCF48/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
(has a seat) that I modified with a soft Stroller cup holder total price is $74 as the extra cup holder was $10. The bag has to have a bunch of safety pins crimped closed to have the bag work including on the stroller cup to keep it from coming off the bag as one to keep the two fabrics of the main bottle holder from separating. The main water bottle holder is the water tight bag on the left side as looking at the front of the bag. The bag is just over 7 pounds without anything in it as it has a metal frame...lightweight steel? So I bet most Bags with seats are going to be heavier, but then they have a seat all the time for playing, if the course is crowded, or if in League/tournament play. I used mine on a tee pad while I waited for the people mowing the park to finish the area i was going to play. Lastly the bag I got be prepared to have to tie on the nylon string rope zipper pulls as 99% broke off the plastic part on 2nd to 3rd pull.

However Had I known I would have gotten the Ridge Roller though as it has a cart ability as well as backpack and is designed for Disc Golf, unlike my bag. There are a few options I wish I had known about like the Ridge Roller or waited for like the new Dynamic Discs one the good $45 one or the Discraft Tournament Backpack one at $80, though I do have a seated bag for under $100 though.

Last edited:
to sum up my above post, a bag with a seat is going to be heavier then a bag without a seat my modified one is just over 7 pounds or just over 4 kilograms due to the metal frame. Fame is...Lightweight Steel?

Any update on the ETA of these?
They will be here this Friday according to tracking info. :)
Just got done with a new batch of frame and the colors are sick!! Few candy colors mixed in like gold, silver, blue, red. They will get loaded to the web ASAP.

Joe

My bag came in today. Very impressed with the overall fit and build quality. Kind of reminds me of the quality that was in the Golf Mahal I had. Thick nice straps and it rides lighter than I had imagined. I'll have to do some more testing before doing a review.

Mine came in yesterday and I must say that I am pretty impressed so far. Can't wait to get it loaded up for my next round!

Got mine yesterday and am super psyched! I was expecting to be happy but both the cart and bag have blown me away and I have not even had a chance to go use it yet. Unless for some reason you just don't care about having a built in seat, this is close to perfection; for me at least. Ridge Roller

They are finally in stock!! RidgeRoller.com thanks guys

Will I be able to get a credit towards a new ridge roller bag/cart if I send you back my ridge roller by Zuca? :) Would love to get one of your new bags but cant justify it lol.

Looking forward to everyones reviews of the new setup

The Ridge Roller has blown away my expectations! The backpack it pretty comfortable, but I still haven't worn it during a round because I like being spoiled by having the cart. Either way I'll hit a wooded course soon hopefully so that I'll leave the cart behind so I can test out the Ridge by itself.

I was looking into this bag, I like a backpack but want a seat and a well built option with a cart is all a plus. Its a WISCONSIN made and I'm from WI so that's a + too. My ONLY gripe is how the putters are stored, it looks like its just a lil pouch that you rest them in and don't look very taught or secure. Does anyone have a handful of pictures or a video of their bag kinda up close or detailed. All I see in reviews are from afar or just showing a dude pulling the cart. Also curious how the base is and if there is a lining on the bottom (inside) for the discs to rest or is that just flat and solid?

just want more info etc as I am Poor and cant afford to dump 300-500 just cuz