• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridiculous Photog @ GBO

I like the shots I've seen, but would rather not have someone that close. As a former pitcher, it an object draws my focus it becomes a Target.

Wouldn't want that to be a person.

Most of the courses I play are heavily wooded and I had better focus all my attention on the gap that I want to hit and not the tree I want to avoid hitting because if I even think about that tree I'm hitting it. I'm sure a person laying on the ground 20 or so feet in front of me would be in mortal danger. :eek:

It amazing how many times in my dg life I have hit that one tree/branch(especially on putts when you have an overhanging branch) that really isn't even in the line but just because I think don't hit that tree...:doh:

Not sure if this is true or not but it made sense to me. When you think "don't hit that tree" your brain hears everything but "don't".

I've heard that from sports psychologists. Your brain has a hard time dealing with negative qualifiers, so it's better for you to say, "hit the gap" than "don't hit that tree".

I try to do that and it may only help my mental state, but I'll take that.

When I hit a gap it's mostly because I was concentrating on the gap. When I miss it I almost always know right away my concentration was off. So yeah, it works for me.

Not sure if this is true or not but it made sense to me. When you think "don't hit that tree" your brain hears everything but "don't".

It's just like trying to avoid hitting something while mountain biking, or really anything else really. You will hit what you focus on. Focus on what you're doing, not what you don't want to do.

Latest posts