• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ripshot Disc bag

I imagine that in actual use, the nutsac would be superior to this just about every way I can think of.

But I'm not sure if they're still making them.

Last edited:
Yeah they definitely still make the disc golf bag at Nutsac but holy crap are they more expensive than ever. Good for Nutsac the way they have diversified and done well since their start tho.

I just can't imagine playing a round without capability of having a bottle holder, a towel clip, and pockets for some accessories. My main small bag is the Innova Standard Bag. For the money it's about perfect.

Last week I tried out my new Ripshot bag. So here's my review.

First knock against, it says it is capable of carrying up to 8 discs (there are four pouches, you're supposed to be able to double up). I did not find this to be the case. Maybe one could do two drivers in a single pouch, but definitely not two putters or mids. Not too big of a knock though because I like to be a minimalist in how many discs I carry.

Now, I putt with a 2011 Ace Race, otherwise know as the Zeppelin. This is not a standard size putter, so I am not able to carry my putter of the past four years in this bag. A bit of a bummer, but it forced me to use my new Glitch as my putter for the round. Probably won't be doing that again. Love the Glitch for long putts & approaches, but not for in the circle putts.

One item mentioned above is the bag getting in the way of throwing. Not so. It was not an issue at all. The belt is adjustable, as is the leg strap that helps to keep it in place.

Missed not having a water bottle with me, but not a deal breaker because my main intent for this bag is quick rounds. Short 9-hole courses. Less than 30 minute rounds. In the past, I've used a DC "weekender" bag, holds about 7 or so discs, over the shoulder. Just throw it on & do not take it off. But I found this to be troublesome in putting pressure on my shoulder. The Ripshot doesn't get in the way at all.

For how I would be using this bag, I would say it is a win.

First knock against, it says it is capable of carrying up to 8 discs (there are four pouches, you're supposed to be able to double up). I did not find this to be the case. Maybe one could do two drivers in a single pouch, but definitely not two putters or mids. Not too big of a knock though because I like to be a minimalist in how many discs I carry.

Now, I putt with a 2011 Ace Race, otherwise know as the Zeppelin. This is not a standard size putter, so I am not able to carry my putter of the past four years in this bag. A bit of a bummer, but it forced me to use my new Glitch as my putter for the round. Probably won't be doing that again. Love the Glitch for long putts & approaches, but not for in the circle putts.

One item mentioned above is the bag getting in the way of throwing. Not so. It was not an issue at all. The belt is adjustable, as is the leg strap that helps to keep it in place.

Missed not having a water bottle with me, but not a deal breaker because my main intent for this bag is quick rounds. Short 9-hole courses. Less than 30 minute rounds. In the past, I've used a DC "weekender" bag, holds about 7 or so discs, over the shoulder. Just throw it on & do not take it off. But I found this to be troublesome in putting pressure on my shoulder. The Ripshot doesn't get in the way at all.

Thanks!

I have heard others who tried the Ripshot alternatively on either leg. One wore it on the "non-recommended" side (in this case, he was RH but put it on his left hip). He acknowledged that it was a little bit harder to move discs in and out because of the slant in the design, but he thought it felt much less noticeable on his trailing hip when throwing BH.

I realize you don't feel like it gets in the way as it is, but would be interested in your experience if you ever mount it on the "wrong" leg....

Thanks!

I have heard others who tried the Ripshot alternatively on either leg. One wore it on the "non-recommended" side (in this case, he was RH but put it on his left hip). He acknowledged that it was a little bit harder to move discs in and out because of the slant in the design, but he thought it felt much less noticeable on his trailing hip when throwing BH.

I realize you don't feel like it gets in the way as it is, but would be interested in your experience if you ever mount it on the "wrong" leg....

I'm a sidearmer, so maybe that makes a difference. I'll have to try some BH drives (GASP!!) and see if it noticeably awkward.

that sounds similar to my experience from earlier this year

I don't personally find it that awkward for BH drives. I haven't tried it "backwards" yet.

I definitely wouldn't try doing two discs per slot, and even a wide diameter mid isn't the most secure.

But overall I do like the thing. I haven't worn it in a few months, but this bump is encouraging me to try it again. If only it would be just a bit less wet+cold for a few days.

I love mine for winter play. You're already heading to your lie before it hits the ground so 18 holes goes really quickly. The mesh pocket on the front works well as a putter pocket or a 5th disc slot. Claims to hold 8, maybe if you cycle Flicks? The ideal capacity is 4, 5 with the mesh pocket, and 6 if you carry a disc to replace the one just thrown.

Other than all that it's been a surprising way to meet people. I catch up to almost every card and, love it or not, it is a conversation starter.

Latest posts