• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Collins, MS

Robertson Park DGC

35(based on 1 reviews)
Odd little gem of a course
Pros:

I came to this one because I wanted to work on approaches and putts and it said "little course" in the description so I thought it might be a good spot to work on those things.

At first it seemed like it, the first few holes were all in the high 200ft range and winding through park style trees to Veteran baskets with white bands. Good visible basket choice for this type of course. Unfortunately the back 9 is less visible Mach 3s.

And then on hole 4 you have to break out a 400ft shot over some OB and it becomes clear that this is not the little one dimensional course it appeared at first.

There are some tricky mandos, a few very tight lines through the middle of the course and a demanding 570 ft par four that makes you throw around a disused tennis court to a basket that is hard to see from even after the dogleg right turn.

There is also some water in play on some of the finishing holes, one you have to throw it between the edge of the lake and an ENORMOUS Jesus carrying the cross statue. This is the second course I've played at where they try to make you throw at Jesus and I'm just not comfortable with it. Lost a disc there.

Then you have a peninsula green on 17 that's pretty narrow, almost like a more chill version of the one at the Rez, but the dropoff is so steep if you don't make it that disc is gone.

The final hole has OB water short in the form of a shallow creek and the road long so you need to check up quickly.

The baskets had next tee markers on them(nice metal brackets on the veteran baskets and cardboard arrows on the DGA ones) so while the flow isn't flawless it's pretty good.

Signs are only on the front, but they are very descriptive and nice. Hopefully the back will be added soon.
Cons:
The first con to me is the lack of pads. They are uneven tee area for the most part and rough on the knees to me. They were marked pretty well with the sign on one side and a small concrete piece on the other though.

The baskets in neither case were my favorite, Veterans are fine but the older all silver baskets are hard to see in the semi wooded setting.

One thing that was profoundly odd were on many holes there were large Christmas light arrays that came into play. Including on the peninsula green which is currently lined with angles on each side. In a ways it's fitting because if you if you go for it you will be praying not to lose your disc.

On a few holes you have to either walk through or around pretty big ditches, including to get to the #8 tee.

No benches throughout that I saw.

Tee signs on the back are just white posts with the basic info.
Other:
Honesty the design and play here is pretty solid, if the guys who put it together had the money to get all veteran baskets, finish the signs and do concrete or turf pads this is probably a 3.5.

The course is pretty fun, and the lines are legit but it's not very polished right now. I hope these dudes get some more funding to make it as good as I see it can be.

Thank you very much for coming to play in Collins and for leaving the 1st review. Our next BIG goal there is to replace the back 9 baskets with matching Patriot baskets and the same tee signs we have on the front 9. We hope to accomplish this after the first of the year, so please check back....

Latest posts