• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Roc! Which plastic?

Shapers

Par Member
Soo.. I'm not trying to start an argument, I just need some help.
I've been throwing DX Rocs for a while, and I really like them. Yet, I feel like they wear out too fast. A friend of mine has a couple of KcPro Rocs, and I like the feel of them.

I'm able to get my hands on DX, KcPro and Glo. Which one of these three would you recommend? I need it to wear in to straight and eventually turnover, and most importantly, it has to be able to withstand hitting a rock (hehe) or a tree a couple of times without beeing rendered useless.

I would appreciate a reason for your recommendation, not just a three words response.

I carry 5 Rocs in my bag in 3 different plastics. Champion, KC Pro and DX. You'll always need a beat in DX Roc for shots so I would start with getting a KC Pro Roc for straighter shots. Next you could get a Champion Roc3 to be your durable OS Roc in your bag.

You'll be good with these for now

Champion Roc3: Durable and good for windy days or hyzers.
KC Pro Roc: Your "do-it-all" Roc. Driving, upshots, flex shots.
DX Roc: Once beat in, it will be great for hyzerflips or turn overshots. They glide for days.

Last edited:
i carry 4 Roc3. I have one DX, 2 champ and 1 G*. gstar is overstable, dx is slightly beat and will fly straight and then hyzer but is more prone to wind. champs are stable and will fade at the end.

I carry 5 Rocs in my bag in 3 different plastics. Champion, KC Pro and DX. You'll always need a beat in DX Roc for shots so I would start with getting a KC Pro Roc for straighter shots. Next you could get a Champion Roc3 to be your durable OS Roc in your bag.

You'll be good with these for now

Champion Roc3: Durable and good for windy days or hyzers.
KC Pro Roc: Your "do-it-all" Roc. Driving, upshots, flex shots.
DX Roc: Once beat in, it will be great for hyzerflips or turn overshots. They glide for days.

I've allready got a Champion Roc3, so that's fine! :) Do you have any thoughts about the Glo?

I think you can get by with three pretty easily. One fresh KC A thrown/seasoned DX and a well seasoned/beat DX and cycle as needed. Once you get the KC down to that well seasoned stage, that's a pretty awesome disc.

I like champion Roc3. They come in vivid day glow colors so you can find them after you throw them so so far.

KC Pro will be more durable, so easy answer. KC Pro. Buy a few so you always have a fresh one to throw in when needed.

Keep the DX in the bag for hyper flips and turnovers.

To sum things up: I should get a KcPro(maybe two) to add to my DX Rocs and my Roc3. Let the KcPro beat to straight, and cycle the DX's as they beat to understable. The KcPro is there to beat in slower, basically. (Like Birdie said)
Sounds about right?

at some point the glows were coming out in really soft plastic that would suffer huge gashes with ease. the mix may be better now, the dome is usually ideal.

i'm still waiting on another run of champ glow ranchos.

The new McPro Roc3s are very nice. It is just a flat top (mostly - mine has slight dome) Kc Roc

If you can find it, KC Pro glow plastic is very nice and seasons slowly. Plain old KC Pro is good too, but the glow seems superior.

If you are used to the DX, then moving to KC Pro will not be a problem. KC Pro beats in like DX, but it takes more time. It is also durable enough to take those hard tree hits and keep flying correctly.

All 3 have a place in a Roc throwers bag.

Agreed.

I have eight Rocs: 4 DX, 1 KC Pro, 1 Star San Marino, 1 Glo, and 1 Champ Roc3. I don't carry a putter in my bag either because I putt with Rocs too.

Of course, not all of them are in my bag, but I practice with them at home in the backyard. Just love the way they fly. My favorite disc by far.

Anyone like the McPro Roc3? I love the feel, and so far it has held that tick of overstability, although I haven't had it for all that long. Definitely my go to mid when the M2 is too OS.

I would carry KC Pro and DX, but if I had to pick one, it would be DX.

Latest posts