• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 love

Used to throw the Z Buzzz as my midrange. Recently switched to base line plastic Rocs. So far, digging the Rocs. The cycling of then offers a lot of flexibility and they start out a bit more than stable than a Buzzz. I've got a newish 180 KC Pro flat roc I can put long and straight to 330'. Still experimenting with Rocs so I picked up a 171 flat roc3 and a 180 domey roc3. Both have some wear, but notbeat. So far, not so good. Seem to really lack the speed and glide of my KC Pro Rocs. Couldn't push it past 300' even with an anhyzer release and cranking on it. With the increased speed is it harder to get the roc3 up to speed? Am I just not getting it up to speed? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

Used to throw the Z Buzzz as my midrange. Recently switched to base line plastic Rocs. So far, digging the Rocs. The cycling of then offers a lot of flexibility and they start out a bit more than stable than a Buzzz. I've got a newish 180 KC Pro flat roc I can put long and straight to 330'. Still experimenting with Rocs so I picked up a 171 flat roc3 and a 180 domey roc3. Both have some wear, but notbeat. So far, not so good. Seem to really lack the speed and glide of my KC Pro Rocs. Couldn't push it past 300' even with an anhyzer release and cranking on it. With the increased speed is it harder to get the roc3 up to speed? Am I just not getting it up to speed? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

I have the same problem. Could just be that champ plastic has less glide than KC or DX

Max distance Roc3 throws for me are thrown hyzer at full power, they flip flat or just a small flex, and glide straight with minimal fade. All this at 10-15' off the deck. 300-320 is the easy part. Getting aim right at full tilt boogie is much harder.

I don't get as much distance out of the KC Pro rocs, as they break in they get squirrely under MAX power.

I have the same problem. Could just be that champ plastic has less glide than KC or DX
I think the answer is as simple as this. I use my Roc3 for more point and shoot type of drives, with little movement except for fade at the end. I can get them to 300 on a strong flat drive. I can definitely get more distance out of a DX, probably 330 if thrown hard on a slight hyzer.

My Roc3 is so stable it's relegated itself to only straight to a fade more beefy than my DX Rocs, and less so than my OS special blend Roc. That and hyzer shots ~250-320' that I don't want to even think about getting off my hyzer line the whole way.

factory store has DX Roc3's... wonder if they're flat.

edit: looking at the side view pic, they seem pretty flat. hmmm.

Has anyone seen the Star Roc3's coming out recently? I saw one on a FB auction and didn't believe it was a Roc3 but apparently they are now making them. If anyone has seen them are they as flat as the champs? I could see myself getting into these.

Has anyone seen the Star Roc3's coming out recently? I saw one on a FB auction and didn't believe it was a Roc3 but apparently they are now making them. If anyone has seen them are they as flat as the champs? I could see myself getting into these.

i've never seen a star roc3. only dx, pro, champ, and glow.

Does anyone know if the Inncolor process flattens discs like the ching stamping process did?

The "In-color" Star Rocs that I have are pretty Domey. I have 1ea of Ontario, San Marino, & Rancho. So I am assuming the "In-color" process, alone, does not affect the flatness of a disc like the Ching rocs.

I could be totally wrong, but I think the In-color process is basically like screen printing, and the Ching Rocs were actually full color Stamps. So the actual stamping process of multiple inks and the added mass of the ink itself is what contributied to the Ching Roc being so flat.

Just a quick question for the Roc3 lovers. I'm a huge rancho Roc fan.
What is it about the Roc3 that makes you enjoy it more than the regular roc?

-Premium plastic?
-Flat top?

Just curious. Thanks!

Just a quick question for the Roc3 lovers. I'm a huge rancho Roc fan.
What is it about the Roc3 that makes you enjoy it more than the regular roc?

-Premium plastic?
-Flat top?

Just curious. Thanks!

They're really comfortable in the hand and fly like a nicely seasoned roc right out of the box, super straight with a mild fade (i'm sure there are variances but my favorite Roc3's all start with this flight).

They're really comfortable in the hand and fly like a nicely seasoned roc right out of the box, super straight with a mild fade (i'm sure there are variances but my favorite Roc3's all start with this flight).

X2 ^ He pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I'll add that I like Champ plastic vs cycling KC Pro. I also like that they are very flat top, good plastic, good flight, cheap, ect...

Make the transition man! Its easy to do and you'll never look back!

X2 ^ He pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I'll add that I like Champ plastic vs cycling KC Pro. I also like that they are very flat top, good plastic, good flight, cheap, ect...

Make the transition man! Its easy to do and you'll never look back!

Maybe in a decade or so when my 12x Pre flight collection is gone hahaha.
I just can't imagine throwing an ultra-premium plastic mid after I've gotten so used to the KC Plastic. Though the Mako3 continues to tempt me.