• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roller Disc

innovadude said:
Best Innova Roller Disc for long rollers?
Best Innova Roller Disc for mid ranges?

I find a beat DX valk makes for wicked long rollers.

I dont throw rollers for midranges so i cant answer that part

Forehand = Max or Firebird
Backhand = Sidewinder, Beast or Roadrunner

I use my FLX Drone for short forehands and dont backhand roll any midrange

I've heard good things about the Cobra and beat Rocs for the midrange roller. For drivers, I was always partial to the Viking, Valk and Sidewinder. Within the past 7 months I've started using a Roadrunner, because my roommate owns one. We take turns throwing it for his golden retriever. It's a lot of fun in an open field, but I don't know if that translates to golf shots.

If you're trying to learn a roller, I'd start out with a Roadrunner or Sidewinder, any plastic will do, but I bet a DX Glo Sidewinder would be the most understable brand new.

Once you have the form down, its mostly a matter of personal preference...I prefer a Champ Sidewinder or Sirius Orion LS, both well used. You can roll with almost any disc with a little practice...you just have to figure out what angle it takes to make it roll best.

As for mids: Cobra, Stingray, beaten Roc...all of those will roll pretty well. I learned with a super-beat KC Roc. The blunt edge seems to keep them rolling straight longer than a lot of distance drivers.

I like the Pro SL for long range. It stands up for a long time before falling off. I've never rolled with any Discraft discs. I first started rolling with a really beat up Leopard. It was shorter than the Starfire L because it didn't stand up as long.

RustyP said:
If you're trying to learn a roller, I'd start out with a Roadrunner or Sidewinder, any plastic will do, but I bet a DX Glo Sidewinder would be the most understable brand new.

I had a Glo Sidewinder once, it was really not flippy at all.

I could easily turn my Flashes/Beasts and my normal Star Sidewinder.
But I couldn't flip this one, I guess it was just a freak :lol:

latitude said:
RustyP said:

I had a Glo Sidewinder once, it was really not flippy at all.

I could easily turn my Flashes/Beasts and my normal Star Sidewinder.
But I couldn't flip this one, I guess it was just a freak :lol:

But was it a glow DX Sidewinder? Do those even exist?

cmlasley said:
But was it a glow DX Sidewinder? Do those even exist?

Yes they do exist.

As for long range rollers, the two that I would recommend if it had to be Innova, would either a DX Leopard or a DX Valkyrie.

Midrange rollers, I highly recommend the DX Cobra or DX Stingray. There is a local guy around here that will roll one from anywhere between 300 to 400.

If you ever look at other manufacturers, Discraft has one of the best rollers on the market in the ESP Avenger SS. This disc is a great roller. And for a midrange roller, you can't go wrong with an X-Stratus

Gateway has a few disc's that you can roll with. The Assassin is fairly easy to throw a roller with. The S-Element is a great short range roller too.

BLURR said:
If you ever look at other manufacturers, Discraft has one of the best rollers on the market in the ESP Avenger SS. This disc is a great roller. And for a midrange roller, you can't go wrong with an X-Stratus

Its innovadude, not discraftdude. :p