• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rules Question

Not quite right. There are two applicable rules in this case:

PDGA Rule 803.04 Stance, Subsequent to Teeing Off

A. When the disc is released, a player must:
(1) Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the playing surface on the line of play and within 30 centimeters directly behind the marker disc (except as specified in 803.04 E); and,
(2) have no supporting point contact with the marker disc or any object closer to the hole than the rear edge of the marker disc;

So it is possible, for example, to place your foot behind your marker at a distance of 30cm. You may then stretch sideways (say you want to throw around an obstacle in front of you) and your other foot, or non-throwing hand, or elbow, or any supporting point can be less than 30cm from the line crossing the line-of-play at the rear edge of your marker as long as it is behind that line.

In other words it is possible to have your most forward supporting point in front of your supporting point that is behind the marker.

Good point, I guess I wasn't very clear in the way I said it. I was really only trying to say that a hand in front of your lie is illegal. Thanks for the clarification!

"A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have . . . any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with" --Douglas Adams

I still get choked up to think we've heard the last from him.

Latest posts