• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rusch Bags Bag

After buying way to many dics I didn't need and trying everything and its mother out. I have part of my bag set and the rest of the slots narrowed down but I want some opinions. So here we go...

I am set on
Wizards
Rocs
Z pred

Opinions on
eagle-x's or dx teebirds/star tls

avengers or solfs

and forces or boss/xcal

help me out. Please don't just say a mold, say why I should throw one or the other.

SOLF if throwing less than 350, Avenger if more than 350. Under 350, an avenger will almost be pred overstable. I never liked the OLF, so I'm biased

Teebird. I don't think you even need a TL since you'll be throwing DX. They'll break in to TL straight. I can work a TB way better than any eagle I've ever thrown.

Boss/Xcal. This is just to make life easier. If you go force, you'll have to hunt down certain ones for certain stabilities. XC and Boss are pretty consistant so far, so an XC will be beefy and a boss will be workable

OKAY. I am done with this thread after today for at least a month. I vow to not change my bag after I post what I am about to post for the next month and if I do something will happen. Yeah.

Anyway this is what I settled with.

Wizards
Rocs
Eagles
OLFs
OLSs
Pred

I found out today that discs like the force, boss, destroyer and whatnot don't really need to be in your bag. Everything I have read on DGR has been correct so far whether I wanted it to be or not but it took me to today to realize I don't need anything longer than an Orion in my bag.

I have one day left to keep my bag the exact same for a month and there is only one thing I am considering changing. Do you guys think I need an open field distance type disc? Right now I am throwing the OLSs on hyzer flip lines for max D but I feel like I could throw a faster driver further. Any opinions are appreciated.

rusch_bag said:
I have one day left to keep my bag the exact same for a month and there is only one thing I am considering changing. Do you guys think I need an open field distance type disc? Right now I am throwing the OLSs on hyzer flip lines for max D but I feel like I could throw a faster driver further. Any opinions are appreciated.
there is nothing wrong with having a disc strictly for open hole distance as long as it doesnt tempt you to throw it on holes where you should not. Boss it up!

I am set on Wizards, Rocs, Eagle-Xs, Predators, and a boss for open field distance but I can't find a driver that I like enough to stick with in between Eagles and bosses. I can get my Eagles to 350 on a golf line and do so fairly consistently. I can also throw a boss reasonably far on a distance line, but the gap in between is where I am having troubles. I am not even sure if I really need anything in there to be honest. I can throw my eagles just about as far as I throw my SOLF or starfire or avenger or any other similar driver on the same line. Why do I need them and why won't one stick out to me as a clear cut winner? Someone help me!

rusch_bag said:
I am set on Wizards, Rocs, Eagle-Xs, Predators, and a boss for open field distance but I can't find a driver that I like enough to stick with in between Eagles and bosses. I can get my Eagles to 350 on a golf line and do so fairly consistently. I can also throw a boss reasonably far on a distance line, but the gap in between is where I am having troubles. I am not even sure if I really need anything in there to be honest. I can throw my eagles just about as far as I throw my SOLF or starfire or avenger or any other similar driver on the same line. Why do I need them and why won't one stick out to me as a clear cut winner? Someone help me!
Have you tried an X Avenger? a Z or ESP doesnt go that much farther than my Eagles but my Xs get out about 20 or 30 feet past my eagles on average, they are fast becoming my main driver on the majority of longer holes.

I did and liked them but they got flippy to quick for my liking. Are certain colors more stable than others? I had a white and a yellow both were 1X

the one i throw thats the most stable is a 173 orange flatter top 1x, I think just like the Z/ESP the flatter ones are way more beefy, its taken some abuse and still has a nice fade and good high speed stability

Alright, bringing my thread back. This is more or less for my own records, but feel free to comment if your heart desires. Right now I am throwing and liking....

Focus's (Foci?) (3 of them all pro D, 2 168 for putting and one 174 for driving)
Meteors (2, one beat and one new)
Aftershocks (2 for now, will be more eventually, one sparkle Z and one proline)
Leopards (2 proline, one beat one new)
PDs (3, beat P, new P, new S)
Firebird (1 star)
Katana (2 pro, one beat, one new)
Force (1 Z newer)

The only thing subject to change right now are the leopards for something different and the focus I am not 100% sure on for driving with yet. Doesn't seem to have quite the LSS of a wizard.

Changes, changes, changes. Any opinions?

3x d Focus

1x esp meteor
2x Z buzzz
1x E warrior

2x Z Stalker
1x Star Firebird

2x P PD
1x S PD

2x Pro Katana
1x Z Force

Looks a lot like my bag, so I like it! What kind of E Warrior are you throwing?

I just bought way too many discs to try out so we will see what happens with this in the near future. I am still waiting for some to come in so I am not sure if I will need all of them.

Wizards
Rocs
XXX
CDs
PDs
Those 5 molds are for sure. I am not sure if I am going to need a z force or not. It depends on how the champ pd flies.

The * is going to be a max d driver. I just got a lot of these to test out plus some "old" molds as well. I am testing out nukes, halos, pro bosses, katanas, destroyers, and forces. Which one will prevail?

To be honest I'm not even sure yet. I haven't had a chance to throw the CDs yet. I am hoping that the CDs will be less stable than PDs and if I am lucky maybe a little bit shorter but I am going to assume they are probably about the same.

rusch_bag said:
The * is going to be a max d driver. I just got a lot of these to test out plus some "old" molds as well. I am testing out nukes, halos, pro bosses, katanas, destroyers, and forces. Which one will prevail?

I've thrown all of those. Currently I need to try the Nuke out some more. I lost my first one a couple days ago and I need to get another to try out. It is seductive with the huge straight ahead D its capable of. However, the Opto Halo is much more controllable and consistent. I can lean on it with anny and know it will come back. It also flies on true hyzers that don't flip up much, so I can mash it with minimal hyzer and know its going to fly true. I may add the Nuke, but it will not unseat the Halo.

I did a little bit of testing today and it didn't help much. I threw the XXX for the first time today. Man that thing is beefy. I was also crushing any driver I threw today with little problems so my trying to figure out which driver I am going to use is going to have to wait a little bit. While I was throwing my drivers great, I couldn't throw a mid for the life of me. I was throwing my wizards though so I didn't get it. I think I was trying to throw them like a driver and it wasn't working out. I need the snow to go away so I can have an easier time throwing in the field. Sucks having to dry off every disc every time you throw it.

Latest posts