• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint, River, or..

I am talking about a disc that you throw with a little hyzer and it flips and turns far to the right but does not really come too close to rolling. Not a straight-ish S flight, a strong hyzer-flip-turnover.

River is never going to come back left for you if the Teebird is rolling that much. My opto Rivers are both a little faster and less stable than a Star Leo

If you're looking for a beat TeeBird out of the box you should give the TL a try. There are Champion TLs that are plus mold and "non-plus". It's also available in Star plastic. Another option is to experiment with a slightly lighter weight.

The Saint is perfect but as somebody recently pointed out, not as good as a newer Teebird in the wind. However, it's my understanding people like Teebird's better when they're beat in. IE) A new Saint. Rivers are great too and beat up a little faster in the gold line. I prefer opto but have a heavy newer gold line River that I have a hard time overpowering. I prefer the Saint for longer fairway drives and the River to power down. The two best fairway drivers on the market IMO. Compliment each other extremely well.

The problem with comparing any disc to an innova are the serious inconsistincies with innova discs. If your teebird takes the same flight path EVERY time, then the only disc IMO similar is the Underworld. The saints s curve is much tighter, the River is way too touchy as previously mentioned, the amp varies upon weight & run, but the Underworld is consistent regardless of weight or color, & is just an all around bad-ass turn over driver.

I throw beat champ teebirds 325-375 as my go to disc. Recently I picked up a volt, and at my power level it has almost the same flight path as my beat up birds.. just not a fan of the feel of neutron plastic.

Sounds like a beat in gold line Saint to me but I occasionally throw in a River and also have an Underworld that will do the same but it depends on wind. I only throw the Underworld in tail winds. It will turn and never come back on anything else. If you don't have the time to beat in a Saint get a light weight Lucid Escape. It's a beat in champion Valk or beat in teebird with longer glide right from the start.

Latest posts