• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs DGX Disc Golf Shoe

Size 12, I'm out.
I like the tread pattern but the rest doesn't do much for me. How's the grip on wet concrete teepads? That seems to be where I have the most issues...with tennis shoes especially.

Size 12, I'm out.
I like the tread pattern but the rest doesn't do much for me. How's the grip on wet concrete teepads? That seems to be where I have the most issues...with tennis shoes especially.

The grip on wet concrete tee pads is pretty good. I have found most shoes with a similar lug pattern do a pretty good job on wet concrete. I think people will be impressed with the traction the sole of the DGX gives them.

A tread pattern like that will probably grip well (depending on the type of material), but not last long at all. I've had a couple pairs of Salomon Speedcross shoes that looked very similar, and would only last a couple months. Salomon is far more reputable.

In before the anti-Salient horde. :) The shoe is interesting and looks decent, but I've had some bills trying to pile up and I'm pretty happy w/my Vibram Spyridons and Speeds for disc golf. Glad to see these finally are getting released tho.

I did notice the shoes weren't advertised in a similar fashion to the bags and discs when they were first announced (ie no talk of completely revolutionizing the sport etc), which shows salient is at least listening. :)

Good luck on the shoe biz

In before the anti-Salient horde. :) The shoe is interesting and looks decent, but I've had some bills trying to pile up and I'm pretty happy w/my Vibram Spyridons and Speeds for disc golf. Glad to see these finally are getting released tho.

I did notice the shoes weren't advertised in a similar fashion to the bags and discs when they were first announced (ie no talk of completely revolutionizing the sport etc), which shows salient is at least listening. :)

Good luck on the shoe biz

From here on out SSquirrel are upcoming products and releases are going to be done in a different fashion than when we released the catalyst. We are trying to avoid the same issues we had with the catalyst bag when it comes to doing a pre-order. This time around the pre-order process will be smoother than the pre-order with the catalyst.

I guess I don't see much distinction of rebranding a good shoe for disc golf that a company tests and is made in asia and what you're doing here which is getting a shoe made in asia. I actually would trust an established shoe maker over a company that is disc golf specific and thinks they are the only one and has to bad mouth every other company as a hippie manufacturer. Your track record on presales is horrendous and your customer service even worse. I guess none of that matters I'm a 12.5-13 EE. I think I was a size 8 when I was in grade school. Good luck with the shoes though. One of your products is going to have to keep the company afloat.

So, no warranty? I'm just asking, no need to be so defensive.

Any comparisons to other shoe brands for fitment?

It is hard to say tbird. I wouldn't want to say one thing and it turn out different for someone else. I have had shoe brands that are sized different between models which can be a headache. When in doubt I always go a half size bigger or I pick that size that i generally always fit in regardless of brand.

if you put the and1 logo on them, i would see these at payless shoes stores

Any comparisons to other shoe brands for fitment?

It is hard to say tbird. I wouldn't want to say one thing and it turn out different for someone else. I have had shoe brands that are sized different between models which can be a headache. When in doubt I always go a half size bigger or I pick that size that i generally always fit in regardless of brand.

Are they wide like Keens or more narrow like Adidas/Nike?

Are they wide like Keens or more narrow like Adidas/Nike?

That's what I'm curios about. I wear size 10-12 depending upon the shoe company. I work a Merrill 10.5 W, and I think my keens are 11 (not wides). I would hate to buy a shoe, and have to send it back because it's too big or too small. I like the way the blue shoes look!

I'm a long time shelltoe wearer for a casual shoe, and I change between the Saloman Speedcross and New Balance Minimus on the course (with North Face Hedgehogs for wet conditions).

This is really tough. There are so many things about shoes that make them right for some and wrong for others. This isn't a bag that can be adjusted to fit right, and it's certainly not something where you can try on a friend's pair. It's a hard sell because this could wind up being $80 being pissed away with one lacing. Good luck with the pre-order.

That's what I'm curios about. I wear size 10-12 depending upon the shoe company. I work a Merrill 10.5 W, and I think my keens are 11 (not wides). I would hate to buy a shoe, and have to send it back because it's too big or too small. I like the way the blue shoes look!

Thanks for the kind words Kenny. I agree that buying shoes before trying on is a tough deal. I do it all the time and run the risk everytime. For the most part though because I have a narrow foot if I order any 10.5 shoe I am for the most part going to be fine.

Return policy?
Warranty at all?
Who is the manufacturer?
Pre-order refundable?
Shipping included?

How do you propose your shoes will be a comparable product to DD shoes, which will be a different price point, size availability, and the ability to try them on?

the shoes look pretty decent. that said, the size range is weak, and I'd be more inclined to buy shoes from an established shoe company than from an up-and-coming disc golf company.

Return policy?
Warranty at all?
Who is the manufacturer?
Pre-order refundable?
Shipping included?

How do you propose your shoes will be a comparable product to DD shoes, which will be a different price point, size availability, and the ability to try them on?

Hi WhiteyBear I will do my best to answer your questions.

1. There is no warranty on these shoes.

2. I am not getting into the manufacturer deal. It's a manufacturer who employs people that are not salient employees. Somebody like Nike can say they make their shoes because they employ the workers. We have to outsource to a place that builds shoes. So is a big name brand building the shoes... No. I hope that helps.

3. Pre-Orders are not refundable but can be exchange for a different size if the customer covers shipping.

4. Shipping is not included in pre-order pricing.

I don't know how the DGX will compare to DDs shoes. I have not inspected the DD shoes. The DD shoes are also at a different price point so that also makes it hard to say. I also have not followed too closely on how you try them on. I am guessing only at DD outlets so if you don't live near one you can't. I again am strictly guessing at this.