• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient News and Notes

Well, if you believe the ADGT website:

"The ADGT is the only professional and amateur disc golf tour with rights to broadcast live events on ESPN Networks (ESPN 2/ESPN 3). "

Of course, they didn't say exclusive rights.

Good point, it seemed implied at the time but maybe that was their intent, to be misleading. That would be a first ;)

Well, if you believe the ADGT website:

"The ADGT is the only professional and amateur disc golf tour with rights to broadcast live events on ESPN Networks (ESPN 2/ESPN 3). "

Of course, they didn't say exclusive rights.

That's an accurate statement. They're the only ones that actually got a contract to broadcast on ESPN. That doesn't mean it's exclusive, it just means they're the only ones who were dumb enough to think that it was a good idea.

That's the opposite of what Salient/Kilgus was saying though. They claimed to have exclusive broadcasting rights for disc golf events on ESPN networks, which I found hard to believe to say the least.

I think that's how some people read into their statements, but I don't actually remember them ever saying they had an exclusive deal to broadcast disc golf on ESPN.

Latest posts