• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Samuel Grand Park, Dallas, TX - Why is it in the directory?

cydisc

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'm researching some Dallas-area courses for a trip I have coming up in March. Came across a promising 21-hole course that's roughly on my route through town. Then I started reading the description and find that it doesn't even have baskets and only does for tournaments.

Why is this "course" even in the directory?

The land is approved for disc golf course use. The tournaments were for funding for tee pads and baskets. Several of the now defunkt Harmony Hill baskets were purchased by the Dallas Disc Golf club (non-profit tax code). I have no connection to any of this and don't know what the install date is or what the hold-up is. I do know the city wanted the tee pads, signs and baskets installed all at once. They are probably short on the money and will have to wait untill they can have another round of fundraiser events.

Here is the thread I started on the subject. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3650&highlight=dallas

Last edited:
That's fine that there's *potential* for the course being there. My point is, there is no course there presently, so it's misleading to have it listed in the directory.

Wait until it's a playable course and then list the thing.

That's fine that there's *potential* for the course being there. My point is, there is no course there presently, so it's misleading to have it listed in the directory.

I didn't list it:)

At the PDGA Course Directory we had to establish that policy. Even though there were often good reasons for folks to want to list courses before they were actually installed (mainly - promotion to secure sponsorship and info for volunteers), the irate contacts from players that had driven there to play and had not read the description to find out the course was not yet installed were too much of a bummer to have any other policy. (Also projected install dates were always too optimistic - misleading folks also. If you process an update to the course listing that promises the that the new tees or the back 9 will be installed "by next summer" - please forgive my edits that cut out those promises. I will protect you - and keep upset emails out of my in box - in case you are not actually able to pull that major course improvement by then. Please come back and process the update when the improvements are in.)

Cliff Towne
PDGA Course Directory

I removed the course. I normally remove the "coming soon" listings right away but this one sounded like it would be in very soon at the time so I left it and then promptly forgot about it.