• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Sapphire

Speed 10 with a touch of dome. Maybe competitor to thunderbird/PD/the like? But I feel like the Explorer is already like that so... no idea

Last edited:
Makes sense, they need a "DD" in that class and speed10 is really the limit in speed for a beginner to really be throwing... if that

Last edited:
I agree with the Jewel name being indicative of the easy to use line. Strange that we already have the Jade with a rim of 1.9 and this has rim of 2.0 which is pretty close. We shall see...

I wonder what the rim depth is.
I bag a Jade in my 150 class bag and it's a great woods disc.
I'll give this new one a look when it comes out

I would try one but I'm not a big fan of discs that light. I did pick up a 170 karat diamond though. I wish they'd do that for the other drivers too.

What is your average distance with a 10-speed or so driver? For a disc designed for those with little arm speed, reviews from those who already throw 400' might not be that helpful
Well that's a good point. I usually take a 9 speed (or 10 speed) for distances between 300-340ft depending on the shot shape. I can't yet consistently hit 400ft even with the faster distance drivers. Also i didn't rip it in the first 2 throws only giving it about 50% of my power. The last two where 65-75% of my power to give some perspective. To be honest i think the Sapphire is excellent for AM players. For some it can be they're max distance driver and for some they're best anhyzer bomber. For me it has a place in my bag for uphill shots and really long anhyzers.

Looks like the first run will be Opto Chameleon only. I would have preferred Gold Line for these, but I'll probably try one anyway.

Latest posts