• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Sapphire

Too overstable for my noodle arm. Hopefully air plastics are to come. Maybe better at lower weights. [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More stable than expected. Just for reference, my "go to" from the tee is the Breakout, for roughly 250' - 270'. I have the Breakout in various plastics (though mostly Lucid) and various stages of beat-in.

I used to throw a Jade, and could get wonderful "S" turnovers until I lost that disc. I had been working in some Terns and D4's, but hoped the Sapphire would give me some more length and flex right out of the box...

Maybe it will beat in. I'll keep the Sapphire in my practice bag and see if it eventually works its way into my bag.

170 diamond vs Sapphire?
Is it even close

It's not like the Sapphire is supremely overstable, just not necessarily what the target audience was looking for. For those with greater arm speed it is worth a look.

Not really close to the heavier Diamonds.

MmmKay... my relatively flat topped 158 blue Sapphire seems to be trying to find a place in my bag. Played a round of doubles today which gave me an opportunity to use it more than I might have otherwise. Maybe beating in slightly (?) but they definitely want to push down the fairway even once they start to hyzer. Stay tuned. YMMV.

Anybody try the stock runs yet?

MmmKay... my relatively flat topped 158 blue Sapphire seems to be trying to find a place in my bag. Played a round of doubles today which gave me an opportunity to use it more than I might have otherwise. Maybe beating in slightly (?) but they definitely want to push down the fairway even once they start to hyzer. Stay tuned. YMMV.

OK I think I just had the exact same experience as you. Just played my fourth round since it went into the bag, and now it's starting to develop a mild turn and the glide is lasting longer.

I appreciate Tristan providing a review, but I'm pretty sure he's not the target market for these.

I picked up a Gold Line Sapphire, and it has a noticable bump where the top of the rim meets the flight plate. Kinda like an FD3. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

My first run seems to be kinda touchy. Gets very flippy in a headwind, even with my noodle arm, but has very little turn otherwise. What a weird disc.

152g Gold Sapphire, orange, flat as a flitter, and within a gnats ass of being what I think the disc was intended to be. Can't wait to see if they come out in Air. [emoji106]

OK, I've changed my mind on this disc. It does exactly what they say it does after you break it in. Gold Line seems less stable than the Opto Chameleons, and is exactly what I was looking for as a glidey competitor for my Plasma Insanity.

And thrown on a low hot line they can give monumental skips. [emoji106][emoji41]

I've had my 153 g Gold Line out to the practice field a couple of times and it does have the nice glide you expect from Lat 64. It seems like it will be stable to maybe a little understable but I haven't thrown it enough to say for sure. Also, it's been a little windy. I think I'm going to like the Sapphire.

This disc is pretty amazing for a noodle arm like me. It flies further than any driver Ive ever thrown, today it bested all my other drivers. I threw them all way too many times and not only was it the furthest it was also the most consistent. It gets a bit of turn runs straight out then a decent but not dumpy fade at the end.

This disc is pretty amazing for a noodle arm like me. It flies further than any driver Ive ever thrown, today it bested all my other drivers. I threw them all way too many times and not only was it the furthest it was also the most consistent. It gets a bit of turn runs straight out then a decent but not dumpy fade at the end.

So which drivers do you usually throw that the Sapphire was outdistancing?

So which drivers do you usually throw that the Sapphire was outdistancing?

Valks, Heat, Sidewinder, Beast, Fury, Shryke, Katana today but I've dabbled with a bunch of others. I'd have to assume a disc like this is aimed pretty squarely at a player like me who normally throws 300 but isn't yet good enough to really get out of a driver what it is capable of. Every driver I pick up and throw goes 300 feet, it's like some hidden (lack of)talent I have to do it with a wide array of drivers. This is the first one that has ever consistently gone further than that for me.

Thanks. I was just trying to get a relative comparison versus other discs.

If it is going further than some of those discs you mentioned it must get pretty good distance.