• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scenic Courses

That one looks longer then 16 at Fallasburg.

One thing I've noticed the videos miss is the scenic aspect of the course. That is one of the reasons ball golf gets a lot of time on TV. Does the pro tour get any play at any of these courses? I'm sure that would at least get the sport some airtime. Which courses would get recommended for TV? I mean where most of the course looks good, not just a few holes.. (forget how it plays for now....just think marketing)

Here is a vote for Lake Casitas, Coyote Point DGC

Hear hear!

main.php

main.php

main.php

I've never been to Casitas, but I've wanted to spend a weekend there for some time now.. It's time I start making a wish list.

Glad to see the mentions of Arizona Snowbowl. Incredible views there!!
I also love Buffalo Ridge in Phoenix. the pics posted here in DGCR really don't do it justice. The view from #7 just before we start a night round is amazing. You often get the AZ Flag effect.
SBIflag.gif

This is not an actual pic from #7, but it looks almost exactly like this:
292540934_6a4597a9b5.jpg

GREAT thread. I def appreciate a scenic course a little more. I think most everyone who plays dg has to have a little outdoorsmen/women in them. It just makes the round that much better when you are surrounded by serenity and natural beauty instead of homeless ppl and freeways (yes homeless people reularly roam Anges Moffit on the west side of Houston). It seems there are alot of courses here that are adjacent to or very near a major highway.

Here's my vote: Horseshoe Canyon Ranch - A rarely played course in BFE Arkansas.

Hole 6 looking back toward the trading post/general store and lodge
DSC04192.jpg

Hole 14 - the basket is in the wide open space about 270 feet out(left center of the gray building with the green roof on the right side of the pic). The boulder is the tee pad. Hole 13 right before this has a basket sitting on top of house sized boulder. Hole 15 right after this is a ~250 ft shot over a 30 ft creek bed with a single person wooden suspension bridge leading the path to the other side.
DSC04212.jpg

Hole 16 - a 550 ft shot down the side of a small mtn. The basket must be at least 125 ft below the tee box. This picture was taken on our trek down the hill. The tee box is about 300 ft behind us and back up the hill. My buddy actually lost his disc somewere in the briar patch on left. He had to make the climb back up to re tee - OUCH!
DSC04222.jpg

Ya, it was pretty long and it was a serious hike. We played this course on a road trip and it was by far the most physically demanding, hands down. It took three of 5 hours to play 18 holes. I was as tired as ive ever been after a round of dg.

The pars were more than fair though. Actually on some holesthe par was too high.

I'll second Casitas. Beautiful and just a great course all around.

PS. Is it weird that I'm homesick for a place I've never lived?

Latest posts