• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Searching for the perfect 1.8 cm rim truly OS Fairway Driver

Maybe, but I like to keep the grip variables to a minimum. Its also my way of seperating speed classes. Bagging two different molds that are the same stability but only slightly different in speed seems weird to me (PD vs Banshee) but two molds with the same stability with considerable speed difference helps me decide which disc to throw quicker on the course (Crush vs Enemy). If I need a shot thats in "between" I either power down or up and change release angle.

That's fair, and everyone has their own approach.
I just see the title of the thread and just think grab a Firebird and be done with it.

i realized i couldnt be of any use in this thread when OP said he has resistors, bagged resistors, wants a resistor, but needs it to be 1mm wider.

if the longbowman is really 1.8, take it and run imo.

edit : assuming you dont just put the resistors back in your bag.

Yup. Ive got a friend who has gone all trilogy. Ive been trying to get his champ pfn for a couple years now. That thing is so tacky/grippy goodness I feel the need to find it a home with somebody who would actually throw it...

Ive been hanging on to mine knowing that they'll serve me well. I just cant bring myself to add it to the bag, knowing that it'll be quite difficult to replace them or find more as they break in. Right now I carry an Icon Rival for that straight shot with a bit of fade, and a couple thunderbirds, an opto XXX for specialty shots and a lucid felon for biiig hyzers and FH shots. Those have covered my overstable duties thus far and I know the Banshees would get a workout. when I need more fade/skip than my Rival can provide. They just look so good unthrown lol

I'm extremely biased....but the Tyrant is what you seek.

I am. A former Rival thrower and the Tyrant would pair nicely with the Legacy workhorse.

They're flat, beefy without being crazy. I can still push my tyrant out to 325+ comfortably.
They also hold up great in the wind

may i suggest an opto spark.
i have sparks for all the slots mentioned above. lightweight reprocessed for laser beam straight stuff (teebird), frost moonshine for xxx/felon stabilities, opto for banshee/raptor like shots. handles fh throws well. it seriously is a do it all mold.

You're wayyyyyy over thinking the rim measurment thing...

PDGA specs are off 1mm or more we have found here numerous times.

It's not 1.8, but I'd recommend a Firebird. Try one out, it's exactly what you're looking for.

I am. A former Rival thrower and the Tyrant would pair nicely with the Legacy workhorse.

They're flat, beefy without being crazy. I can still push my tyrant out to 325+ comfortably.

This. One of the most comfortable molds I use for forehand shots, good distance for an overstable mold, great wind-fighter, and as Jamie said, it's overstable with out being crazy.

FWIW, the Saint Pro is definitely not what you want. I know it's rated at 0 turn and 4 fade, but mine (Opto, low 170s) is more like -1/2. From what I've read this is pretty normal for a Saint Pro. A great disc, but not really overstable.

FD2 is another suggestion in 1.8. Similar to a Banshee with more glide and a little less fade.

FWIW, the Saint Pro is definitely not what you want. I know it's rated at 0 turn and 4 fade, but mine (Opto, low 170s) is more like -1/2. From what I've read this is pretty normal for a Saint Pro. A great disc, but not really overstable.

Came here to post the same.

If 1.9 is accepatable, the Spark, or the PD Freak, or the Thunderbird. This is probably a better arbitrary sweet-spot.

Big Z Talons and Reapers are OOP. I think they were just doing a test revival run. Regular runs of Big Z Predators available if you end up going to 1.9. I prefer Felons. Don't care for the sharp rim of Preds or Firebirds.

RDG Tyrant is what you seek. Just like a ticked off teebird. Has decent glide and a strong fade.

I'm pairing a tyrant with my Rivals currently. I like it because it's beefier than the Rivals but not unusable. Give one a shot, I think you'll love it

This is my answer also

This. One of the most comfortable molds I use for forehand shots, good distance for an overstable mold, great wind-fighter, and as Jamie said, it's overstable with out being crazy.

My first Tyrant came in the mail today, went to the field to test it out. To those who suggested the Tyrant, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! Love at first throw and the more I tested it out the more I knew this could be the one. I believe the last slot in my bag has been filled. Also, thanks to all the other suggestions!

Just about to order two more of these right after this post! Wtg DGCR peeps :hfive:

I think the best driver in that 1.8 or less category is the undertaker. The ledgestone glows are super beefy.

I think if you are able to adjust that thickness a bit...it sounds like the convict is hot right now.

So many discs come to mind, fdtwo, brinster birds, os runs of the PD, banshee. Get ready to spend some serious money.

Cause no matter what I say, or anyone else you won't know perfection until you throw and feel it up.

I've heard really good things about the rival.. not os enough., I thought that was the broken in tbird?

My first Tyrant came in the mail today, went to the field to test it out. To those who suggested the Tyrant, thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for! Love at first throw and the more I tested it out the more I knew this could be the one. I believe the last slot in my bag has been filled. Also, thanks to all the other suggestions!

Just about to order two more of these right after this post! Wtg DGCR peeps :hfive:

Glad to hear! I sometimes forget my Tyrant. (downfall of buying a cart and carrying too much) :) Every time I throw it, though, I love the thing. Super comfortable for forehands and holds up to torque like nobody's business. Great for carving lines in the woods. Damn... I've gotta remember that thing more often! :D

Glad to hear! I sometimes forget my Tyrant. (downfall of buying a cart and carrying too much) :) Every time I throw it, though, I love the thing. Super comfortable for forehands and holds up to torque like nobody's business. Great for carving lines in the woods. Damn... I've gotta remember that thing more often! :D