• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle - No Car

jack straw

Bogey Member
I will be staying in downtown Seattle (near Pikes Market) Sept 11-12. My wife is working and I will be on my own both days but I wont have a car.

Is it possible to get to any of the Seattle area courses using public transportation?

It has been a wile since I lived in Seattle but I am pretty sure there is a bus that goes straight to the Lakewood King County course from downtown Seattle. It is probably a 20 minute drive so maybe 40-50 on the bus. I would also guess the Mineral Springs course is reachable by bus in about the same amount of time. If you use the map location option on the course page google offers public transit directions.

I've played the King County course recently and really enjoyed it.

If you want to walk 10 min. down to Colman dock and walk on the Bremerton Ferry, i'll pick you up in Bremerton and show you around a couple of our Kitsap courses (NAD Park, Kitsap Fairgrounds, and Bud Pell @ Ross Farm). It's a beautiful trip across the Puget Sound on top of it. It's about a 50 min. trip and will cost you like 8 bucks round trip.

Last edited:
Yes, it is possible. There'd be a bit of walking, but nothing too bad. Lakewood and Seatac are the two courses I'd recommend for anyone visiting. According to google maps, the trip to Lakewood would be ~45 min, the trip to Seatac ~1 hour. If you wanted to play both in a day, it'd be about a 25 min. bus ride between them.

Proximity wise, North Park (Mineral Springs) would be closest, ~35 min, but not my first choice. It's small and confusing for the first time visitor (18 tees, 13 baskets on less than 3 acres.) There are some good holes there, given what they have to work with, but it becomes a clusterf*** when it gets busy, which is any nice day after 4 or so.

If you do take transit around, be sure to get yourself an Orca card, it makes getting around much more convenient than dealing with cash and transfers. Also, if the bus rides sound too long to you, there is the option of Lyft or Uber too. I might be able to join you for a round or two if you'd like a guide, just hit me up when you have a better idea of what your schedule will be.

If you want to walk 10 min. down to Colman dock and walk on the Bremerton Ferry, i'll pick you up in Bremerton and show you around a couple of our Kitsap courses (NAD Park, Kitsap Fairgrounds, and Bud Pell @ Ross Farm). It's a beautiful trip across the Puget Sound on top of it. It's about a 50 min. trip and will cost you like 8 bucks round trip.

That's a solid offer, and well worth considering. I'm a big fan of the Bremerton courses, especially Bud Pell, and as Jeff says, the ferry trip is beautiful. :thmbup:

That's a solid offer, and well worth considering. I'm a big fan of the Bremerton courses, especially Bud Pell, and as Jeff says, the ferry trip is beautiful. :thmbup:

This is a no-brainer - the courses are great, the ferry is a great way to experience the area.

Ok, yowsers, but this city sucks without a car.
We got the Uber cars though, so that might work for you.
Seatac is playing really nice right now, especially since the herds of WA. dubs players trampled it down last week. Best bang for your buck from downtown.

I appreciate the invite. :clap: I will get up with you next week when I have a better idea of my plans.

A big thanks to jeffmonty for a tremendous day of disc golf. He graciously shuttled me around to 3 fine courses with Bud Pell and Kitsap being my favorites. I can't remember where we ate lunch but the wings were the some of the best I've ever had (and I grew up in Western NY so I know wings). Thanks for a great day and if you ever find yourself in Charlotte I would love to return the favor.

A big thanks to jeffmonty for a tremendous day of disc golf. He graciously shuttled me around to 3 fine courses with Bud Pell and Kitsap being my favorites. I can't remember where we ate lunch but the wings were the some of the best I've ever had (and I grew up in Western NY so I know wings). Thanks for a great day and if you ever find yourself in Charlotte I would love to return the favor.

I do hope to find myself in Charlotte sometime. I will absolutely look you up.

That was a fun day of golf. Thanks again for springing for lunch. The wings we had were at the Tracyton Tavern, and anyone else reading this that is over in this area, it's only 5 min. from Kitsap Fairgrounds course and 10 min. tops from Bud Pell.

Great to meet you, Bernie, and enjoy the rest of your trip!

Latest posts