• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seedlings ITB

seedlings

* Ace Member *
Today it's -2F at 3pm. Tomorrow it will be -10. Something to do is write this down. I already see the overlap. I like 7 speeds though.

In the bag (On the bench)

OS Driver
Lucid X Recoil (Fusion Defender, 400 D2, Z Flick)

Stable Driver
S-Line Pharaoh, Proton Trace, Champion Orc (S-line Pharaoh, Star Destroyer Ricky, Star Destroyer Paul, 400 D2, Fusion Raider)

US Driver
I-blend Pharoah (I-blend Pharoah, Fusion Captain)

OS Fairway
C-line FD3, Gstar Teebird3 (Lucid Getaway, Champ Thunderbird, C-line FD3)

Stable Fairway
C-line FD, Star Eagle, Star Teebird (Fusion Explorer)

US Fairway
Champion Sidewinder, D-Line Undertaker

OS Mid
None (Lucid-X Verdict, Z Presnell Drone)

Stable Mid
BT Soft Harp (VIP Harp, Z Glo Buzzz, Lucid Truth)

US Mid
Opto Fuse, Lucid Bounty

Approach
TarPit Stego (DX Rhyno)

Throwing Putter
Lucid Warden (Fusion Deputy, Neutron Spin)

Putter
Classic Blend Warden, Classic Blend Medium Warden (D-Line P2, DX Aviar)

Last edited:
d line undertaker

why

I use it for exactly one hole on a local course, overhand between a small gap to land next to the pin. It does corkscrews thrown normally, probably a 4/10 on the scale. Very beat up, but no dog chews.

I plan to get rid of it once I have a chance to spend time on that hole throwing some other discs. There's got to be one I can throw similarly... but once I threw that Undertaker the first time, I just kept throwing it.

Last edited:
Don't you find the Orc uncomfortable? I've always hated the underside sharpness of the rim. I have 2 Champ Orcs and can't stand the feel of either (one was found on a course). They both fly like FB's for me too. Stupid OS. So I bought a g* one to try in the snow last fall. While not as OS, it still has that razor sharp rim.

Not talking trash or anything, I've just never been able to click with them. Except on thumbers lol. But a Flick works best for that anyway. :thmbup:

Don't you find the Orc uncomfortable? I've always hated the underside sharpness of the rim. I have 2 Champ Orcs and can't stand the feel of either (one was found on a course). They both fly like FB's for me too. Stupid OS. So I bought a g* one to try in the snow last fall. While not as OS, it still has that razor sharp rim.

Not talking trash or anything, I've just never been able to click with them. Except on thumbers lol. But a Flick works best for that anyway. :thmbup:

I like the Orc feel just fine. Mine is a course find, so it's beat in. Maybe when new they have extra flashing? I think the Thunderbird feels more awkward than the Orc. Mine flies very straight, not a lot of glide, and sits down in fade. That's the shot I use it for anyway.

I saw your sig in a different thread, so stopped by here to see if you explained your FW lineup of FD3/Eagle/TB3/TB/FD/Maverick/Relay. Seems like a lot of fairways. I have bagged 7 fairways at times, but that was across 4 different molds and included everything from utility OS to roller US. And that still felt cluttered. Three extra molds across a smaller stability spectrum would just confuse me. How do you decide what FW driver to throw?

I saw your sig in a different thread, so stopped by here to see if you explained your FW lineup of FD3/Eagle/TB3/TB/FD/Maverick/Relay. Seems like a lot of fairways. I have bagged 7 fairways at times, but that was across 4 different molds and included everything from utility OS to roller US. And that still felt cluttered. Three extra molds across a smaller stability spectrum would just confuse me. How do you decide what FW driver to throw?

C-line FD is in the bag. I wish it had .5 more turn and .5 less fade.
The Gstar TL has slightly less turn than the FD, which keeps it out.
The Champ TL3 is very similar to the 1 season thrown FD. Out for now, but with more field work and break in, it could be a replacement!
The Maverick is in the bag. It does flip to flat really, really well, with about the same fade/finish as the FD.
Star Eagle is in the bag when more fade is required.
Star Teebird is out of the bag. The FD can cover same shot.
FD3 is in for when harder fade is required than the Eagle.
Relay is out. I can't click with it.

I did some change-up yesterday because I played a new course to me, Waterworks in KC. Maverick and FD got heavy use.

I also picked up a Gstar Corvette! Mostly just to throw one. I seriously doubt it will replace my Pharaoh.

The Champ TL3 is very similar to the 1 season thrown FD. Out for now, but with more field work and break in, it could be a replacement!

Maverick and FD got heavy use.
I'll never understand you knuckleheads trying to replace your FDs. 🤔
So, you're wishing it was an S-line FD?
S-lines we're my first FD love, I still have my first one and many more but.... I'm bagging 2 C-lines and a flippy D-line. Fresh current run and a NS1 that's sweet.

I'll never understand you knuckleheads trying to replace your FDs. 🤔

S-lines we're my first FD love, I still have my first one and many more but.... I'm bagging 2 C-lines and a flippy D-line. Fresh current run and a NS1 that's sweet.

How much less stable are S-line (Star) than C-line?

How much less stable are S-line (Star) than C-line?

S-line, as you noted is Star. C-line is Champion. So if you have any experience with an Innova mold in each plastic that'll give you a good idea. If not C-line (Champion) is definitely more OS for a longer period of time. S-line (Star) will generally be a bit less OS right out of the box, but will get into that sweet spot much quicker than C-line.

C-line FD is in the bag. I wish it had .5 more turn and .5 less fade.
The Gstar TL has slightly less turn than the FD, which keeps it out.
The Maverick is in the bag. It does flip to flat really, really well, with about the same fade/finish as the FD.
Star Eagle is in the bag when more fade is required.
Star Teebird is out of the bag. The FD can cover same shot.
FD3 is in for when harder fade is required than the Eagle.
Relay is out. I can't click with it.

I did some change-up yesterday because I played a new course to me, Waterworks in KC. Maverick and FD got heavy use.

I also picked up a Gstar Corvette! Mostly just to throw one. I seriously doubt it will replace my Pharaoh.

That makes a lot more sense. FD3/Eagle/FD/Maverick seems like a solid lineup.

How did you like Waterworks? I've never played it in the winter, but in the summertime it is one of my favorite courses. That's about as good as a park-style course can get.

That makes a lot more sense. FD3/Eagle/FD/Maverick seems like a solid lineup.

How did you like Waterworks? I've never played it in the winter, but in the summertime it is one of my favorite courses. That's about as good as a park-style course can get.

It is very hilly. Often you either make the putt or have a 75' roll away! I threw the Stego on an approach that landed 5' from the basket. It hit exposed roots, and rolled excruciatingly slow downhill over exposed roots like an ATV. My buddies were crying laughing. I think I was +10 lol... but it was still fun.

It is very hilly. Often you either make the putt or have a 75' roll away! I threw the Stego on an approach that landed 5' from the basket. It hit exposed roots, and rolled excruciatingly slow downhill over exposed roots like an ATV. My buddies were crying laughing. I think I was +10 lol... but it was still fun.

Yeah, Stego isn't the first disc I would think of for approaches at Waterworks, unless the wind is howling. Something neutral and glidey that you can manipulate angles with to land it flat is generally a better bet on that course. To me that's a big part of the fun though. WW makes you think through your shots, even your approaches, to score well.

Test

Attachments

• C3D2C944-5C51-4F91-8CDC-72111B7503A4.jpg
    C3D2C944-5C51-4F91-8CDC-72111B7503A4.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 21
  • F16B7F2C-9C61-42A7-936A-24361A65CF27.jpg
    F16B7F2C-9C61-42A7-936A-24361A65CF27.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 29
  • EC1AD1F7-3C11-4045-AFDF-199433B10105.jpg
    EC1AD1F7-3C11-4045-AFDF-199433B10105.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 25
Few changes

OS Driver
Lucid X Recoil, Z Flick (Fusion Defender)

Stable Driver
Gstar Corvette, Proton Trace (Champion Orc, S-line Pharaoh, 400 D2, Fusion Raider)

US Driver
I-blend Pharaoh (Fusion Captain)

OS Fairway
Lucid Getaway (Gstar Teebird3, C-line FD3)

Stable Fairway
Gstar TL, Star Eagle (Fusion Explorer, C-line FD, Champ TL3, Gstar Eagle-L, Star Teebird)

US Fairway
Fusion Maverick (Champion Sidewinder, D-Line Undertaker, Neutron Relay, DX Eagle-L)

OS Mid
Z Presnell Drone (Lucid-X Verdict)

Stable Mid
BT Soft Harp, Champ Roc3 (VIP Harp, Z Glo Buzzz)

US Mid
Lucid Bounty

Approach
TarPit Stego

Throwing Putter
DX Rhyno (Lucid Warden, Fusion Deputy, Neutron Spin)

Putter

Logging changes

OS Driver
Fusion Defender, Z Flick (Lucid X Recoil)

Stable Driver
Gstar Corvette, Proton Trace, S-line Pharaoh (Champion Orc, S-line Pharaoh, 400 D2, Fusion Raider)

US Driver
I-blend Pharaoh (Fusion Captain)

OS Fairway
C-line FD3 (Lucid Getaway)

Stable Fairway
Gstar TL, Star Eagle (Fusion Explorer, C-line FD, Champ TL3, Gstar Eagle-L, Star Teebird)

US Fairway
Fusion Maverick (Champion Sidewinder, D-Line Undertaker, Neutron Relay, DX Eagle-L)

OS Mid
vacant (Lucid-X Verdict, Z Drone)

Stable Mid
VIP Harp (BT Soft Harp, Z Glo Buzzz)

US Mid
Lucid Bounty

Approach
TarPit Stego

Throwing Putter
vacant (Lucid Warden, Fusion Deputy, Neutron Spin, DX Rhyno)

Putter

So. Obviously you need an Envy in that throwing putter slot.

Not sure about the OS mid spot. The Bard was always one of my favorites.

So. Obviously you need an Envy in that throwing putter slot.

Not sure about the OS mid spot. The Bard was always one of my favorites.

I'm using the Harp as a 'throwing putter' and have your XXX coming to take over OS mid duties. The Drone and Verdict were not pulling their weight.

New bag, the Fossa Skinny 2
As minimalist discs as I can get

In the bag (On the bench, in a pond and I will retrieve)

OS Driver
Fusion Defender, Z Flick (Lucid X Recoil)

Stable Driver
Gstar Corvette, Lucid Raider (Champion Orc, S-line Pharaoh, 400 D2, Proton Trace, S-line Pharaoh)

US Driver
Pro Corvette (Fusion Captain, I-blend Pharaoh)

OS Fairway
C-line FD3 (Lucid Getaway)

Stable Fairway
Gstar TL, Star Eagle (Fusion Explorer, C-line FD, Champ TL3, Star Teebird, Gstar Eagle-L)

US Fairway

OS Mid
Opto XXX (Lucid-X Verdict, Z Drone)

Stable Mid
VIP Harp (BT Soft Harp, Z Glo Buzzz)

US Mid
Lucid Bounty

Approach
TarPit Stego

Throwing Putter
Lucid Warden, DX Rhyno (Fusion Deputy, Neutron Spin)

Putter

Latest posts