• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shenantaha Creek Park, Malta NY

CaptainAnhyzer

* Ace Member *
Met with the Parks Director and we walked and talked in the park for 90 minutes. She is on board. Apparently her predecessor wanted a disc golf course but didnt know who to contact to get the wheels rolling.

Meeting up with a Town councilman this Friday to walk and talk the park with him. He also happens to be a former co-worker that saw me promote, design and install an employee course at General Electric HQ. :cool:

Today i met with the Town Supervisor, Parks Director & a Town Councilman about the new course proposal......... got lots of positive feedback and an invite to formally present the idea to the Council.
Also invited to the Annual Community Day event and to hold a separate clinic.

We are also going to setup a temp 9 hole for a club monthly on June 30th

"It is with great pleasure that we congratulate you on being awarded one of the 2018 grants from the GLOBALFOUNDRIES / Town of Malta Foundation for $6,000.00 to Disc Golf Course at Shenentaha Creek Park."

:cool:

Started installation of temporary targets and flagged tees.
Hole 1,2 & 3 are playable.
Looking to plant more targets/flags later this week.

Shen-Creek-initial-9-April-2019.jpg

Planted 6 thru 9 yesterday.
I plan to go out today and plant 4 & 5 to complete the layout. Hole 4 is gonna need some trimming.

Latest map and some rough distances. Hole 9 could become a par 4

Shen-Creek-initial-9_11apr19.jpg

Great course. Really appreciated the use of natural rock barriers and the use of death putts to add complexity to some of the par 3s. Don't know when I'll get back, but I'll definitely play this again if I'm in the area.

Last edited:

Latest posts