• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortening x-step and benefits?

I am and never will be near your level at DG. You are doing amazing things, at an amazing level - just make sure you enjoy the journey! Some times it is so easy for us to focus so much on the destination, that we fail to enjoy the journey. I say this from spending over 25 years as a landlord, and getting extremely good at it, and now I enjoy the journey, but I look back, and so much more, in the accumulation years, I wish I had focused less on the goal, and more on enjoying the journey. If I had a redo, the one thing I would change was to make sure I enjoyed the journey more - that I slowed down and celebrated little victories along the way - it would have been okay to sacrifice a little bit of my focus on the goal, to love and embrace the process more. I am proud of what I accomplished, but there is no reset button where I could enjoy it more along the way. I wish my journey was a little less of a grind towards the destination, and a little more of a celebration of the process. Best wishes on your journey. 🙂
Thank you so much, i think what your saying is very important and i need to do that more.

I played with my friends today without to much focus on form and we had a great time and i played very good golf aswell.

A healthy balance i guess is the way to go, it will probably make me a better player.

Thank you so much, i think what your saying is very important and i need to do that more.

I played with my friends today without to much focus on form and we had a great time and i played very good golf aswell.

A healthy balance i guess is the way to go, it will probably make me a better player.
Something SW said to me a while back about a good shot or one where your form worked especially well was "the feeling of greatness."

When you're out for a round, casual or otherwise, take the time to pause and notice when you did something good. Then, consciously and privately say to yourself "that was awesome." Because it was, and you should feel good about it, and it helps you develop a better relationship with yourself.

Latest posts