• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Should Skulboy and ZAM collaborate on a stamp for the MVP Shock?

Should Skulboy and ZAM collaborate on a stamp for the MVP Shock?

• Yes

Votes: 81 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 33.6%

• Total voters
Wow, lot of "no" answers here.

I can tell you this, I don't believe in putting out sloppy or rushed work.
My stuff may have that scratchy look, but a lot of work goes into that final design that gets committed to a metal die.

I think I can speak for Zam when I say that we are both very familier with working under tight deadline and being able to create quality work under pressure.

I know my style is not for everyone, but I'm excited about the idea of a Zam/Skulboy collaboration. It's not "if" we design something together, but "when."

Thanks for the continued support.

^^^ Agreed to the fullest!

Hopefully the "no"s include at least a few people more concerned about the timeline/quality worry than the idea itself. To that concern, Skulboy's correct... we've done a ton of projects and we're capable of producing great things no matter the rush or lack thereof (which never happens!).

His job is working with a creative team, and outside of frisbee art most of my creative work is collaborative. We're capable and we'll do something when it makes a lot of sense. The question now is... couldn't this duo make "a lot of sense" (in its most frisbeed definition) out of some out-there unimaginable stuff? :)

I voted no, mostly because of the timeline. Skulboy's work is incredible. Zam's also.

I just happen to dislike the whole skull theme. So, make it sans skulls, and not so macabre, and I'd be all over it!

I'll be severely disappointed if the stamp doesn't involve C-list Spiderman villain The Shocker.

the_shocker_by_lostonwallace-d3hrxvi.jpg

ZAM I went to DN yesterday and simply HAD to buy a hot orange amp with your blue stamp, that sh*t looks so freakin' rad it's going on my wall and it's staying there (I only have 2 discs on the wall at any given time). I don't even throw MVP but that stamp is so fine, plus it says "Austin, TX". I love the baskets in the vacuum tubes, I was like WHAT?! Had to have it!

ZAM I went to DN yesterday and simply HAD to buy a hot orange amp with your blue stamp, that sh*t looks so freakin' rad it's going on my wall and it's staying there (I only have 2 discs on the wall at any given time). I don't even throw MVP but that stamp is so fine, plus it says "Austin, TX". I love the baskets in the vacuum tubes, I was like WHAT?! Had to have it!
Hey thanks buddy! I went full nerd mode on our shared combination of nerd interests there so, glad you dig it! I guess from now on we can produce stuff that pablo and I would like and let the rest sort itself :D

I did damage the flightplate when I tried plugging in my guitar cable to see if it actually amplified

we do need to actually jam sometime, maybe after a Circle mini on a Saturday ;)

Zam and skullboy should should collaborate on a sweet legacy stamp on that metallic plastic of theirs...

I did damage the flightplate when I tried plugging in my guitar cable to see if it actually amplified

we do need to actually jam sometime, maybe after a Circle mini on a Saturday ;)
(may I freely drift a thread if my name's in the title?)
DUDE ya know what I really wanted to do? Have a wall-hanger edition with simple electronics/battery on the back of the plate. LED jewel lamp, working toggle, and real knobs/pots. Flip the toggle ON, LED lights up. I couldn't find suitable knobs in the short period of time between launch and holiday sales end. You probably know how interested I'd be in modding an Amp into a functional TS-9 :) ... couple Strat jacks on the plate, breakout connectors, whatever... frisbee pedals mmmm...

Yes we've gotta jam some weekend! My studio's a wreck right now but... it'll be a few weeks anyway till I've got a free weekend day.

I voted no because individually you are talented and I am not sure how the styles would work together or if you 2 were even interested in a calabo. If you are excited to work together, then I would change my vote and buy a few.

Last edited:
I only voted No because I mis-understood the question. I took the question being.. should Zam and Skulboy go in on the factory stamp. I'd love to see a collaboration as a special release.. yes.

Sorry, I assumed it was understood the MVP wasn't deviating from their design and that a collaboration would be a special stamp a la the amp or volt jobs Zam/Skul did.

I vote no on a single disc but i think they should each do a first run disc that compliments one another.

Well, I drew my half and now it's in the magical hands of Zam.

Those of whom voted "yes" on this poll just may get their wish.

Latest posts