• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Should Skulboy and ZAM collaborate on a stamp for the MVP Shock?

Should Skulboy and ZAM collaborate on a stamp for the MVP Shock?

• Yes

Votes: 81 66.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 33.6%

• Total voters
I understand all that. I would pre-order a red foil shock but I am not crazy about the blue foil. Sorry to sound picky but you know.....:D

I'll say this, I'm partial to red...

And I'm stamping them :D

I'd like to try a few colors. Metallic foils generally do best on MVP stuff we have done

In the end ZAM usually has a heavy say in what looks best. I just try to make it work. I'm pretty sure he won't let me rainbow them :D

Cool deal, just pre-ordered the new Zamboy/Skulson stamped shock!!!

Cool deal, just pre-ordered the new Zamboy/Skulson stamped shock!!!

I bought a heavy and a light! Wile I was at it I bought a zam amp and a neutron axis! :eek::|:):thmbup: (the progression of going trigger finger happy on the disnation ---> toward the discs arriving---> then throwing the MVP tastiness)

I already have 2 of the Zamson Amps, they are sweet..... I don't hang discs on the wall but they are tempting.........

I got the non colord amp and don't have one yet so I'm gonna throw it. The shocker's I'm prolly gonna throw one save the other. It'l be along couple weeks wait but they had a coupons code ending today so I had to do it!

I took advantage of today's code as well. Kudo's to Duncan, Zamson and the DiscNation gang........

Aww wish i knew the code before i ordered :( oh well.
Sorry you missed it -- it's at the top of every product page. Big promo banner with a 10% code. If you don't see a code being promoted on the site at any given time, snag the one on Facebook.

impressive, how do you go about making stamps and what not.

Hope Zam doesn't mind, but thought I would share the process of this unusual circumstance of a collaboration.

It was Wednesday, January 16th in the year 2013 during the morning hours when a thread was started pertaining to MVP's latest announcement of their new Fairway Driver, Shock.

Later that day, I posted a question to Zam about wether or not he had a 1st Run custom stamp in the works and got the response: "That ground is yours to blaze."
I immediately jotted down a rough sketch idea featuring the character I created for the Skulboy Signature MVP Volt, Doc Volt.

Shortly after that Onemilemore suggested a collaboration between Zam and I.
That's when the e-mailing began.

8403492701_99797124cc_o.jpg

On the left is Zam's "napkin" sketch of his collab idea. I then sent him my initial rough sketch of my solo idea.

8403492657_a748aa58ce_o.jpg

Zam came back with a new rough combining the 2 and I replied with a rough sketch of my half to make sure we were on the same page.

During this time, Onemilemore had started a new thread with a poll posing the question of wether we should do a collaboration stamp or not.
I became a little worried as several "no" votes were cast and comments like "I don't like skulls" appeared. Screw 'em we said, this project was too much fun.

I dropped everything because the deadline was extremely short and illustrated my half. Scanned it, cleaned it up in Photoshop and e-mailed to Zam Saturday morning.
Next thing you know, It's Monday and the pre-order is up. Phew.

8403492797_ceb853539e_o.jpg

A metal die is made of the artwork and the stamping will begin.

As one of the ones who said "I don't like skulls," I have to say I still admire your work.

Thanks for sharing how it all went down, Skulboy.

:thmbup:

Latest posts